Go with the flow = wrong!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 29th 05, 12:53 AM
ChrisCoaster

That's the problem John, American driving style, and just about
everything else American, reeks of "Mefirstism" IMO that is more
dangerous than either Conservatism or Liberalism. Americans think
they're in a freakin' RACE when they drive. That's why they do stupid
things on the road, like try to fit too much car into no space when
lane merging. Or tailgating because they *perceive* the driver in
front of them is going *too slow* for their tastes.

Well, THIS American will get there first, because I drove slow enough
to avoid running into the back of that SUV, like that Toyota just did.
Because I drove slow enough to properly negotiate an off-ramp, unlike
that Buick - which is now laying on it's side on the embankment.
Because I regulated my speed enough to reach the intersection just as
the lights turned green, and not try to run the previous read, as did
that SAAB, who will now be late to work because a cop is performing his
duty with him. Because I didn't feel the need to HAVE to be in front
of that minivan, which is now involved in a wreck with the Ford who
merged in front of it too soon, clipping the van's nose!

Moral: Leave earlier and slow the %# down - you'll get there sooner!
-CC