Seqins + Leather = Bad

Old April 26th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carol[_1_]

Default Seqins + Leather = Bad

Now don't go thinking nasty things about sequins and leather. Although
this did end up nasty for my steering wheel.

I swear it's the cutest skirt. It's black with all these white
swirling paisleys all over it. A bunch of the paisleys have lovely
little silver sequins sewn onto them. So far so good. The bad part is
that ,while getting in and out of my precious (say it like they did in
Lord of the Rings) Miata, the sequins scratched YES, SCRATCHED the
leather on the bottom of the steering wheel.

So now whenever it slides across my fingers it feels like sandpaper.
And whenever the bottom of the steering wheel is at the top, it makes
me sad. There a all this little tiny tabs of the leather sticking up -
they're TINY but they bug the hell out of me. Any suggestions? Can
they be smoothed out? My first thought was "Where is my emory board??"
but I controlled myself. -Carol

Old April 28th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Carol, can you post pictures please?

Oh, the steering wheel AND the skirt!
I think we'll go from there ;-)

Chris
99BBB

oups.com...

Old April 28th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Carol, can you post pictures please?
>
> Oh, the steering wheel AND the skirt!
> I think we'll go from there ;-)

Chris, you're a dirty old man... :-)
Old April 29th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

Carol > wrote:

>Now don't go thinking nasty things about sequins and leather. Although
>this did end up nasty for my steering wheel.
>
>I swear it's the cutest skirt. It's black with all these white
>swirling paisleys all over it. A bunch of the paisleys have lovely
>little silver sequins sewn onto them. So far so good. The bad part is
>that ,while getting in and out of my precious (say it like they did in
>Lord of the Rings) Miata, the sequins scratched YES, SCRATCHED the
>leather on the bottom of the steering wheel.
>
>So now whenever it slides across my fingers it feels like sandpaper.
>And whenever the bottom of the steering wheel is at the top, it makes
>me sad. There a all this little tiny tabs of the leather sticking up -
>they're TINY but they bug the hell out of me. Any suggestions? Can
>they be smoothed out? My first thought was "Where is my emory board??"
>but I controlled myself. -Carol

You could try to find a shoe repair person. I once asked one about my
scuffed steering wheel and he thought he could improve it, but he wanted
to keep the steering wheel in his shop for a few weeks and I was loath
to drive my car that long without one.

Leon
--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
Old May 3rd 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carol[_1_]

On Apr 28, 11:29 am, "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
> Carol, can you post pictures please?
>
> Oh, the steering wheel AND the skirt!
> I think we'll go from there ;-)
>
> Chris
> 99BBB
>
> "Carol" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> > Now don't go thinking nasty things about sequins and leather. Although
> > this did end up nasty for my steering wheel.

Chris I'm pretty sure that I specifically said not to think nasty
things. Down boy, DOWN! Leon thank you for the suggestion. I
didn't think of someone who actually repairs leather for a living! But
I'm with you - I'm not at all sure how to drive without one. I know
how to drive with my knees, but I need a steering wheel even for that.
Not to mention that I don't like the idea of having my steering wheel
removed. AT ALL. I do know a good cobbler in town and I'll give him a
call. Thanks!! -Carol

Old May 3rd 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
M. Cantera

Apply a little mink oil to the affected area and smooth with your
fingers. Wait for the oil to soak in and buff remove excess with a
soft cloth.

How much is really leather? Poseur BMW 6 February 27th 06 04:26 PM
Leather Dye RicSeyler Corvette 9 February 20th 06 04:55 PM
Leather interior 1995 325is. Door Leather. madloof72 BMW 4 October 26th 05 03:55 AM
How do you tell leather from leather like seat covers? [email protected] Corvette 1 August 31st 05 02:34 AM
Leather or not? Jone Tytlandsvik Audi 5 June 4th 05 05:07 AM