Hidden Hitch Question?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 18th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Fathergoose

Default Hidden Hitch Question?

Has anyone had any experience with the hitches for 2000 AWD Explorer V8 with
16 inch tires?

I am looking at the Hidden-Hitch model #70647 round tube Class III-IV.

In the installation instructions it says a minor modification needs to be
made.
The mod is to bend the forward spare tire catcher 1/2 inch forwards towards
the front of the vehicle.
This is in order to be able to keep the 16 inch spare tire in place under
the vehicle.

My question could it be pushed forward while the hitch is bolted on the
frame or does it mean absolutely it needs to be bent permanently?
If bent for good what method is supposed to be used?

Here is the link;
http://search.cartserver.com/search/...h3053&GO=GO%21
If you want to look at the installation instructions a link is there to
click on. It is there it mentions the modification that needs to be made.

I am wanting to have it be having the sleek contour that this hitch would
give me. Where part of it is recessed and curved to fit the look of the rear
of the Explorer.

Can someone help me understand the obvious here?
thanks for reading .

--
~Bill~