Beeps when temperture 37 degrees

Old December 25th 04, 05:18 AM
Jeff Mayner

terence wrote:
> i have a "01 330i and when the temperture on the outside reaches 37
> degrees I get a beep'n sound and the temperture flash for a few sec
> on the console. is this by design? anyone else exprience this? thanks
> in advance

It's supposed to.

Jeff

--
---

"Every time I hear the news
That old feeling comes back on;
We're waist deep in the Big Muddy
And the Big Fool says to push on."

- Pete Seeger, 1967
---

Old December 25th 04, 03:26 PM
terence

Hey Boo,
I am from South Carolina and the last 2 weeks have been the coldest all
yr. we usally dont get that cold down here. Late Dec thur end of Jan are the
only 2 months that we get below 40 degree nites.

Old December 25th 04, 03:27 PM
terence

Thanks Dick, I am going to get a manual monday morning and I am going to
join other BWM fourms to learn more.

Merry Christmas

Old December 25th 04, 05:24 PM
terence

Bourbon Sauce (see index)
1 large can pineapple slices
Whole cloves

Place him (or ham) or her in a large glass baking dish, buttocks up.
Tie with butcher string around and across so that he looks like
he?s crawling.
Glaze, then arrange pineapples and secure with cloves.
Bake uncovered in 350° oven till thermometer reaches 160°.

Cajun Babies

Just like crabs or crawfish, babies are boiled alive!
You don?t need silverware, the hot spicy meat comes off in your hands.

6 live babies
1 lb. smoked sausage
4 lemons
whole garlic
2 lb. new potatoes
4 ears corn
1 box salt
crab boil

Bring 3 gallons of water to a boil.
Add sausage, salt, crab boil, lemons and garlic.
Drop potatoes in, boil for 4 minutes.
Corn is added next, boil an additional 11 minutes.
Put the live babies into the boiling water and cover.
Boil till meat comes off easily with a fork.

Oven-Baked Baby-Back Ribs

Beef ribs or pork ribs can be used in this recipe,
and that is exactly what your dinner guests will assume!
An excellent way to expose the uninitiated to this highly misunderstood
yet succulent source of protein.

2 human baby rib racks
3 cups barbecue sauce or honey glaze (see index)
Salt
black pepper
white pepper
paprika

Remove the silverskin by loosening from the edges,
then stripping off.
Season generously, rubbing the

Old December 25th 04, 06:30 PM
Jeff Strickland

Yes, that is design. Rather thoughful design if you ask me.

The rationale is that ice can remain on the road when the temp is this low.
I am not certain that it can form given the correct set of circumstances,
but it can remain on places liked shaded roads and on bridges and
overpasses. The idea is to remind you to be alert for ice.

Old December 25th 04, 07:39 PM
terence

coarsely chopped vegetables
(carrots, potatoes, turnips, cauliflower, cabbage...)
Bell pepper
onions
garlic
ginger
salt pepper, etc.
Olive oil
butter

Brown the meat and some chopped onions, peppers, and garilic in olive oil,
place in baking dish, layer with vegetables seasoning and butter.
Bake at 325° for 30 - 45 minutes.
Serve with hot dinner rolls, fruit salad and sparkling water.

Bébé Buffet 1

Show off with whole roasted children replete with apples in mouths -
and babies? heads stuffed with wild rice. Or keep it simple with a
hearty main course such as stew, lasagna, or meat loaf.

Some suggestions

Pre-mie pot pies, beef stew, leg of lamb, stuffed chicken, roast pork spiral ham,
Cranberry pineapple salad, sweet potatoes in butter, vegetable platter, tossed salad with tomato and avocado, parsley new potatoes, spinich cucumber salad, fruit salad
Bran muffins, dinner rolls, soft breadsticks, rice pilaf, croissants
Apple cake with rum sauce, frosted banana nut bread sherbet, home made brownies
Iced tea, water, beer, bloody marys, lemonade, coffee

The guests select food, beverages, silverware... everything from the buffet table.
They move to wherever they are comfortable, and sit with whoever they choose.
Provide trays so your guests will not spill everything all over your house from
carrying too much, nor will they have to make 10 trips back and fourth from the
service stations.

Roast Leg of Amputee

By all means, substitute lamb or a good beef roast if the haunch
it is in any way diseased. But sometimes surgeons make mistakes,
and if a healthy young limb is at hand, then don?t hesitate to cook
it to perfection!

1 high quality limb, rack, or roast

Old December 25th 04, 08:33 PM
Jeff Strickland

the beef roast into pieces
that will fit in the grinder.
Run the meat through using a 3/16 grinding plate.
Add garlic, onions and seasoning then mix well.
Add just enough water for a smooth consistency, then mix again.
Form the sausage mixture into patties or stuff into natural casings.

Stillborn Stew

By definition, this meat cannot be had altogether fresh,
but have the lifeless unfortunate available immediately after delivery,
or use high quality beef or pork roasts (it is cheaper and better to
cut up a whole roast than to buy stew meat).

1 stillbirth, de-boned and cubed
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 large onions
bell pepper
celery
garlic
½ cup red wine
3 Irish potatoes
2 large carrots

This is a simple classic stew that makes natural gravy,
thus it does not have to be thickened.
Brown the meat quickly in very hot oil, remove and set aside.
Brown the onions, celery, pepper and garlic.
De-glaze with wine, return meat to the pan and season well.
Stew on low fire adding small amounts of water and
seasoning as necessary.
After at least half an hour, add the carrots and potatoes,
and simmer till root vegetables break with a fork.
Cook a fresh pot of long grained white rice.

Pre-mie Pot Pie

When w

Old December 25th 04, 10:03 PM
puntasal

I think the beeps indicate the car's catching a cold :-)

Funny post, anyhow, most vehicles with temperature gauge indicate that by
beeping sounds or on the display. My first BMW (85 325i) had that as well,
it has been a standard thing for BMW's for quite while.

Old December 26th 04, 10:04 AM
Richard Townsend

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 10:30:26 -0800, Jeff Strickland wrote:

> I am not certain that it can form given the correct set of circumstances,
> but it can remain on places liked shaded roads and on bridges and
> overpasses. The idea is to remind you to be alert for ice.

Cooling occurs due to heat radiating from the surface which in turn cools a
thin layer of air close to the surface, by conduction. Convection currents
and wind turbulence then spread the cooling to other layers of the lower
atmosphere. Thus, during the evening, the ground surface will reach
freezing first (with possible ice), while the air temperature at the level
of the vehicle's sensor could still be up to 3 deg Celsius (5 deg F) above
freezing.

--
Richard