People Last

Old October 23rd 04, 05:08 PM
Jonnie Santos

Very cool. Even better since you got one of the last of the S series (my
fave).

Off topic - I almost bought an import pickup yesterday. When the deal feel
through I remembered how easy it was to buy my SL-2 back in '97. Currently
there's a retro lime green VUE Red Line at my dealer (with a huge rebate)
that is sounding so tempting about now... (but I need a pickup)

Old October 24th 04, 12:02 AM
Napalm Heart

Most anything like that can be done if you have enough money!

Ken

"Jonnie Santos" > wrote in message
> ...you know Blue made a similar comment years ago when I mentioned

how neat
> it would be to put an old-school Chevy 327 (aimed in the right

direction,

Old October 24th 04, 12:19 AM
Jonnie Santos

....there we go again - I'm always a few bucks short!

Did I tell you I was shopping for a used plane? I want to take flying
lessons and thought a Cessna would be cool. And since I'm a little older
now I could go a little up on the bling level without seeming cocky. So I
went shopping and found a used Citation X. They wanted $16,000,000 and that
was about $16,000,000 over my budget. So on the rebound I went in the
opposite direction and went looking at boats (what good Portuguese boy
doesn't love the ocean, eh?). So I found something under 200 feet and it
was about 5 times the cost of the plane. I can't win. So both of them are
officially off my list and so are cool car mods.

I guess that's why there's Guinness and cable TV - life is good!, really!!

Old October 24th 04, 01:18 AM
marx404

mmmmm, Guinness! :-)

marx404

Old October 25th 04, 01:42 PM
Oppie

I always wanted to fly but my inner ear is a bit messed up and I get dizzy
doing a forward roll. Would never pass the flight physical. Did get to take
the stick once in a Navy T-34 single engine propeller driven trainer. Was
totally awesome. Did a few turns but kept it bubble side up.
My son bought a Sea-Doo 4-seater jet boat a few years back. He got tired
of it after a couple of seasons about the time I was thinking of buying a
small fishing boat. Picked up the payments and now have the 14 foot boat
that cruises at about 30 mph and is a lot of fun.
Oppie