MFFY du jour...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 14th 05, 03:21 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message

>>> If you are "dropping her off *at the door*",then you would be in the
>>> fire
>>> lane,the road that runs in front of the businesses,and certainly
>>> blocking
>>> it (blocking the aisle) while you load/unload people.

>>And it takes about 10-15 seconds (usually less) for them to exit the car,
>>then the car moves out of the way.

> I take it you don't have any handicapped friends or family.
>
> My grandfather, who could still walk back when I used to drive hikm
> around, took 45 - 60 seconds just to get into or out of the car.
> Imagine how much more time it would have taken if he was wheelchair
> bound, with the folded-up wheelchair attached to a bike rack on the
> trunk.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. But that illustrates my point--would
you drop him at the door and then park, or park wherever (handicap spot or
not) and make him walk all that ways?

My whole I've been experiencing thoughtless drivers who hog handicapped
spots with apparent impunity. I call them on it whenever I see it. And I
give plenty of consideration for the old (where I may be someday) and the
infirm (there but for the grace of God go I) when I encounter them.

> I love it when morons paint themselves into a corner.

Scott, I think you just like slinging insults. Can't you make your point
without lashing out with personal attacks? If you can't, you can't, but I
expected better from you.

MFFY Du Jour Mike Z. Helm Driving 51 April 10th 05 08:30 PM
I Hope That MFFY Peed His Pants Daniel W. Rouse Jr. Driving 10 February 11th 05 05:25 PM
Speeding: the fundamental cause of MFFY Daniel W. Rouse Jr. Driving 82 December 23rd 04 01:10 AM