Chrysler refuses recall request

Old June 5th 13, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
bob

Default Chrysler refuses recall request

http://www.impomag.com/news/2013/06/...ecall-vehicles

could not be worse than a crown vic or pinto i suppose..

bob
Old June 6th 13, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
.[_13_]

"bob" > wrote in message
> http://www.impomag.com/news/2013/06/...ecall-vehicles
>
> could not be worse than a crown vic or pinto i suppose..
>
> bob

Hell the de Havilland DH 106 Comet was allowed to
fly despite a massive structural defect resulting in
catastrophic damage, so what's a little fuel tank defect.

Old June 6th 13, 01:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 06/05/2013 07:33 PM, . wrote:
> "bob" > wrote in message
>> http://www.impomag.com/news/2013/06/...ecall-vehicles
>>
>> could not be worse than a crown vic or pinto i suppose..
>>
>> bob

> Hell the de Havilland DH 106 Comet was allowed to
> fly despite a massive structural defect resulting in
> catastrophic damage, so what's a little fuel tank defect.

I'm not sure what the "defect" is. Yes a Cherokee's gas tank is between
the bumper and rear axle as it is on many vehicles. But I don't see a
whole lot of sharp pointy objects in the area to actually puncture the
tank and why only 1993-up vehicles when the Cherokee was made for ages
before that?

In any case I don't feel unsafe driving mine...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old June 6th 13, 02:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
.[_13_]

"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
> On 06/05/2013 07:33 PM, . wrote:
>> "bob" > wrote in message
>>> http://www.impomag.com/news/2013/06/...ecall-vehicles
>>>
>>> could not be worse than a crown vic or pinto i suppose..
>>>
>>> bob

>> Hell the de Havilland DH 106 Comet was allowed to
>> fly despite a massive structural defect resulting in
>> catastrophic damage, so what's a little fuel tank defect.

> I'm not sure what the "defect" is. Yes a Cherokee's gas tank is between
> the bumper and rear axle as it is on many vehicles. But I don't see a
> whole lot of sharp pointy objects in the area to actually puncture the
> tank and why only 1993-up vehicles when the Cherokee was made for ages
> before that?

You wouldn't have seen the issue with the plane either.

> In any case I don't feel unsafe driving mine...
>
> nate

Nor would you have felt unsafe driving a vehicle with a
non collapsible steering column.

Old June 6th 13, 03:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
gpsman

On Jun 6, 8:19*am, Nate Nagel > wrote:

> I'm not sure what the "defect" is. *Yes a Cherokee's gas tank is between
> the bumper and rear axle as it is on many vehicles. *But I don't see a
> whole lot of sharp pointy objects in the area to actually puncture the
> tank and why only 1993-up vehicles when the Cherokee was made for ages
> before that?
>
> In any case I don't feel unsafe driving mine...

And we all know that "feeling" safe = safe...
-----

- gpsman
Old June 6th 13, 04:07 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 06/06/2013 07:44 AM, gpsman wrote:
> On Jun 6, 8:19�am, Nate Nagel > wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure what the "defect" is. �Yes a Cherokee's gas tank is between
>> the bumper and rear axle as it is on many vehicles. �But I don't see a
>> whole lot of sharp pointy objects in the area to actually puncture the
>> tank and why only 1993-up vehicles when the Cherokee was made for ages
>> before that?
>>
>> In any case I don't feel unsafe driving mine...

> And we all know that "feeling" safe = safe...
> -----
>
> - gpsman

or to put it another way, ignorance is bliss...

--
fact check required
Old June 6th 13, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 06/05/2013 02:40 PM, bob wrote:
> http://www.impomag.com/news/2013/06/...ecall-vehicles
>

> could not be worse than a crown vic or pinto i suppose..
>
> bob

recalls have become both political and economic warfare tools. frod or
g.m. get cut huge amounts of slack on recalls - remember the wheels
falling off frods, and their not calling vehicles in for months citing
"low risk"? or their ignition modules cooking as a life limitation
decision, but no recall until the class action lawsuit actually
prevailed after years of courtroom drama?

yet if it's a foreign-owned vehicle, they're expected to recall for
having the wrong color shipping wax on the paint before dealer prep.
the whole system stinks.

--
fact check required
Old June 6th 13, 04:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 06/06/2013 09:45 AM, . wrote:
> "Nate Nagel" > wrote in message

>>> Hell the de Havilland DH 106 Comet was allowed to
>>> fly despite a massive structural defect resulting in
>>> catastrophic damage, so what's a little fuel tank defect.

>> I'm not sure what the "defect" is. Yes a Cherokee's gas tank is between
>> the bumper and rear axle as it is on many vehicles. But I don't see a
>> whole lot of sharp pointy objects in the area to actually puncture the
>> tank and why only 1993-up vehicles when the Cherokee was made for ages
>> before that?

> You wouldn't have seen the issue with the plane either.
>
>> In any case I don't feel unsafe driving mine...
>>
>> nate

> Nor would you have felt unsafe driving a vehicle with a
> non collapsible steering column.

I actually have owned at least four of those that I can recall

nate

Old June 6th 13, 04:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 06/06/2013 10:44 AM, gpsman wrote:
> On Jun 6, 8:19 am, Nate Nagel > wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure what the "defect" is. Yes a Cherokee's gas tank is between
>> the bumper and rear axle as it is on many vehicles. But I don't see a
>> whole lot of sharp pointy objects in the area to actually puncture the
>> tank and why only 1993-up vehicles when the Cherokee was made for ages
>> before that?
>>
>> In any case I don't feel unsafe driving mine...

> And we all know that "feeling" safe = safe...
> -----
>
> - gpsman

In the grand scheme of things, the odds of me being rear ended hard
enough to have something actually move the metal enough to affect the
gas tank, AND it be punctured, AND there being an ignition source that
causes a big fireball before I can exit the vehicle are small enough
that I might as well worry about being abducted by aliens and anally probed.

This seems reminiscent of the same concerns the 73-up Chevy trucks
(of which both my grandfather and my father owned one, dad still does
and drives it regularly) and Crown Vics...

nate

Old June 6th 13, 05:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 06/06/2013 08:43 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 06/06/2013 10:44 AM, gpsman wrote:
>> On Jun 6, 8:19 am, Nate Nagel > wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not sure what the "defect" is. Yes a Cherokee's gas tank is between
>>> the bumper and rear axle as it is on many vehicles. But I don't see a
>>> whole lot of sharp pointy objects in the area to actually puncture the
>>> tank and why only 1993-up vehicles when the Cherokee was made for ages
>>> before that?
>>>
>>> In any case I don't feel unsafe driving mine...

>> And we all know that "feeling" safe = safe...
>> -----
>>
>> - gpsman
>>

> In the grand scheme of things, the odds of me being rear ended hard
> enough to have something actually move the metal enough to affect the
> gas tank, AND it be punctured, AND there being an ignition source that
> causes a big fireball before I can exit the vehicle are small enough
> that I might as well worry about being abducted by aliens and anally
> probed.

i had occurred to me that you might be so inclined.

--
fact check required