Mass killer Russell Weller allowed to skip trial

Old September 23rd 06, 06:59 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Mass killer Russell Weller allowed to skip trial

http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_263184527.html

Sep 20, 2006 3:45 pm US/Pacific
Jurors Hear Weller Testimony Via Video At Trial

(snip)

Weller, now 89, was not in the courtroom. Because of health problems,
the judge is letting him skip most of the trial. He is charged with 10
counts of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. Aside from
those killed, 63 other people were injured.

Weller, who was in court for Deputy District Attorney Ann Ambrose
opening statement on Sept. 12, faces up to 18 years in state prison if
convicted of the charges.

More of the usual in criminal coddler america. And what's with this 18
year MAX ****? He killed 10 people and crippled 63 others. 18 years
should be the minimum.
Old September 23rd 06, 07:38 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

Cross-posting troll wrote:

> http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_263184527.html

> More of the usual in criminal coddler america. And what's with this 18
> year MAX ****? He killed 10 people and crippled 63 others. 18 years
> should be the minimum.

In 18 years, he'll be 107. It's unlikely he'll live that long, so 18
years is effectively for life.
Old September 23rd 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Larry Bud

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_263184527.html
>
> Sep 20, 2006 3:45 pm US/Pacific
> Jurors Hear Weller Testimony Via Video At Trial
>
> (snip)
>
> Weller, now 89, was not in the courtroom. Because of health problems,
> the judge is letting him skip most of the trial. He is charged with 10
> counts of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. Aside from
> those killed, 63 other people were injured.
>
> Weller, who was in court for Deputy District Attorney Ann Ambrose
> opening statement on Sept. 12, faces up to 18 years in state prison if
> convicted of the charges.

> More of the usual in criminal coddler america. And what's with this 18
> year MAX ****? He killed 10 people and crippled 63 others. 18 years
> should be the minimum.

URAMORON. Who cares if he sits in the courtroom?

18 years is a life sentence for someone 89. Hell, probably 5 years is
a life sentence.

Old September 23rd 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
FragileWarrior

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS > wrote in
:

> http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_263184527.html
>
> Sep 20, 2006 3:45 pm US/Pacific
> Jurors Hear Weller Testimony Via Video At Trial
>
> (snip)
>
> Weller, now 89, was not in the courtroom. Because of health problems,
> the judge is letting him skip most of the trial. He is charged with 10
> counts of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. Aside from
> those killed, 63 other people were injured.
>
> Weller, who was in court for Deputy District Attorney Ann Ambrose
> opening statement on Sept. 12, faces up to 18 years in state prison if
> convicted of the charges.

> More of the usual in criminal coddler america. And what's with this 18
> year MAX ****? He killed 10 people and crippled 63 others. 18 years
> should be the minimum.

He's 89 and in poor health. Give him 18 years or 118 years -- it's not
going to make a bit of difference.
Old September 23rd 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Chocolic

"FragileWarrior" > wrote in message
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS > wrote
> in
> :
>

>> http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_263184527.html
>>
>> Sep 20, 2006 3:45 pm US/Pacific
>> Jurors Hear Weller Testimony Via Video At Trial
>>
>> (snip)
>>
>> Weller, now 89, was not in the courtroom. Because of health
>> problems,
>> the judge is letting him skip most of the trial. He is charged with
>> 10
>> counts of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. Aside from
>> those killed, 63 other people were injured.
>>
>> Weller, who was in court for Deputy District Attorney Ann Ambrose
>> opening statement on Sept. 12, faces up to 18 years in state prison
>> if
>> convicted of the charges.

>> More of the usual in criminal coddler america. And what's with this
>> 18
>> year MAX ****? He killed 10 people and crippled 63 others. 18
>> years
>> should be the minimum.
>>

> He's 89 and in poor health. Give him 18 years or 118 years -- it's
> not
> going to make a bit of difference.

I didn't read the story, but just curious, did he do it on purpose?

Chocolic

Old September 23rd 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

On 23 Sep 2006 06:48:41 -0700, "Larry Bud" >
wrote:

>Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>> http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_263184527.html
>>
>> Sep 20, 2006 3:45 pm US/Pacific
>> Jurors Hear Weller Testimony Via Video At Trial
>>
>> (snip)
>>
>> Weller, now 89, was not in the courtroom. Because of health problems,
>> the judge is letting him skip most of the trial. He is charged with 10
>> counts of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. Aside from
>> those killed, 63 other people were injured.
>>
>> Weller, who was in court for Deputy District Attorney Ann Ambrose
>> opening statement on Sept. 12, faces up to 18 years in state prison if
>> convicted of the charges.

>> More of the usual in criminal coddler america. And what's with this 18
>> year MAX ****? He killed 10 people and crippled 63 others. 18 years
>> should be the minimum.

>URAMORON. Who cares if he sits in the courtroom?
>
>18 years is a life sentence for someone 89. Hell, probably 5 years is
>a life sentence.

IDIOT!!!. 18 years is the maximum for anyone who did what he did.
Even if he was 30 he could only get 18 years and that's crazy. THINK

Old September 23rd 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
[email protected]

Maybe YOU should THINK. For one, many people charged with manslaughter
get out in less thatn 18 years, no matter their age. Does not matter
whether it is vehicular or otherwise. Just happens. I have heard of
some getting out in 5 years.

Also, I have heard of peopel with multiple cases getting consecutive
sentences. So, in this case, if he were convicted, it could be 180
years (if the judge chose to do it this way).

You DID NOT state that your opinion on the 18 years was not specific to
this case. You made it sound like it was. so THINK.

Old September 24th 06, 06:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

On 23 Sep 2006 13:21:27 -0700, "
> wrote:

>Maybe YOU should THINK. For one, many people charged with manslaughter
>get out in less thatn 18 years, no matter their age. Does not matter
>whether it is vehicular or otherwise. Just happens. I have heard of
>some getting out in 5 years.

Well hell - some people are convicted of MS and don't go to prison at
all. The way Weller is being treated is not unusual - it's just
crazy. America is a nation of criminal coddlers and crap like this
happens all the time.
Old September 24th 06, 06:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 17:34:12 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
> wrote:

>Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS > wrote in
:

>> http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_263184527.html
>>
>> Sep 20, 2006 3:45 pm US/Pacific
>> Jurors Hear Weller Testimony Via Video At Trial
>>
>> (snip)
>>
>> Weller, now 89, was not in the courtroom. Because of health problems,
>> the judge is letting him skip most of the trial. He is charged with 10
>> counts of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. Aside from
>> those killed, 63 other people were injured.
>>
>> Weller, who was in court for Deputy District Attorney Ann Ambrose
>> opening statement on Sept. 12, faces up to 18 years in state prison if
>> convicted of the charges.

>> More of the usual in criminal coddler america. And what's with this 18
>> year MAX ****? He killed 10 people and crippled 63 others. 18 years
>> should be the minimum.
>>

>He's 89 and in poor health. Give him 18 years or 118 years -- it's not
>going to make a bit of difference.

Like everyone else you missed the point. If he was 30 years old he'd
still face a max of 18 years.

Old September 24th 06, 09:39 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
FragileWarrior

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS > wrote in
:

> On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 17:34:12 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
> > wrote:
>
>>Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS > wrote in
m:

>>> http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_263184527.html
>>>
>>> Sep 20, 2006 3:45 pm US/Pacific
>>> Jurors Hear Weller Testimony Via Video At Trial
>>>
>>> (snip)
>>>
>>> Weller, now 89, was not in the courtroom. Because of health problems,
>>> the judge is letting him skip most of the trial. He is charged with

10
>>> counts of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. Aside from
>>> those killed, 63 other people were injured.
>>>
>>> Weller, who was in court for Deputy District Attorney Ann Ambrose
>>> opening statement on Sept. 12, faces up to 18 years in state prison

if
>>> convicted of the charges.

>>> More of the usual in criminal coddler america. And what's with this

18
>>> year MAX ****? He killed 10 people and crippled 63 others. 18 years
>>> should be the minimum.
>>>

>>He's 89 and in poor health. Give him 18 years or 118 years -- it's not
>>going to make a bit of difference.

> Like everyone else you missed the point. If he was 30 years old he'd
> still face a max of 18 years.

No, you miss the point: he's not 30. You can make up all the imaginary
scenerios you want and foam about them 24/7 but it doesn't change the
circumstances of THIS case.