Honda Trucks.

Old March 12th 10, 11:27 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Honda Trucks.

The first 4 wheel vehicle introduced by Honda in August 1963 was a
truck.
http://texastinytrucks.com/history.htm
cuhulin

Old March 13th 10, 01:41 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
phaeton

On Mar 12, 5:27*pm, wrote:
> The first 4 wheel vehicle introduced by Honda in August 1963 was a
> truck.http://texastinytrucks.com/history.htm
> cuhulin

I'm weird and all, because I dig all those little vehicles from Japan
and Europe.

I would so drive this: http://texastinytrucks.com/image014.jpg

FYI

-J
Old March 13th 10, 02:32 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I like those little mini trucks too.At least two or three times before
in my local area, I have seen a guy driving a little Suzuki truck.The
Japanese garbage trucks in Japan have to be built small and narrow so
they can drive through those narrow alleys over there.I saw some 3 wheel
(one wheel up front, two wheels in the rear) pickup trucks in January
1964 on my way to Vietnam, we had an eight hour layover in Tokyo.
cuhulin

Old March 13th 10, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

If you ever watch the Walk, Don't Run movie on the Fox movie channel,
you can see some of those 3 wheel Japanese trucks.
cuhulin

Old March 13th 10, 05:47 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:41:13 -0800 (PST), phaeton
> wrote:

>On Mar 12, 5:27*pm, wrote:
>> The first 4 wheel vehicle introduced by Honda in August 1963 was a
>> truck.http://texastinytrucks.com/history.htm
>> cuhulin

>I'm weird and all, because I dig all those little vehicles from Japan
>and Europe.
>
>I would so drive this: http://texastinytrucks.com/image014.jpg
>
>FYI
>
>-J

What about this little puppy in China..

http://img121.imageshack.us/i/img097...tationwag.jpg/
Old March 13th 10, 02:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/mini-truck.html

The Asians have a different take on auto styling.I think some of it
looks pretty good.

Those old three wheel Lambretta scooters, a lot of them are used as
trucks, taxies, hauling everything.Myself and some other guys at Shannon
Wright Compound near Vinh Long,Vietnam, we used to catch one of those
Lambretta 3 wheeler taxies to go to Vinh Long, about three or four
miles.I would like to have one of those 3 wheeler Lambrettas.

I think I once read somewhere that India makes some 3 wheel trucks.
cuhulin

Old March 13th 10, 11:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 08:39:35 -0600, wrote:

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/mini-truck.html

>The Asians have a different take on auto styling.I think some of it
>looks pretty good.
>
>Those old three wheel Lambretta scooters, a lot of them are used as
>trucks, taxies, hauling everything.Myself and some other guys at Shannon
>Wright Compound near Vinh Long,Vietnam, we used to catch one of those
>Lambretta 3 wheeler taxies to go to Vinh Long, about three or four
>miles.I would like to have one of those 3 wheeler Lambrettas.
>
>I think I once read somewhere that India makes some 3 wheel trucks.
>cuhulin

I saw several of them putting around in China a few years ago. As
long as people need cheap transportation there will be similar
vehicles.
Old March 14th 10, 02:59 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
aemeijers

wrote:

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/mini-truck.html

> The Asians have a different take on auto styling.I think some of it
> looks pretty good.
>
> Those old three wheel Lambretta scooters, a lot of them are used as
> trucks, taxies, hauling everything.Myself and some other guys at Shannon
> Wright Compound near Vinh Long,Vietnam, we used to catch one of those
> Lambretta 3 wheeler taxies to go to Vinh Long, about three or four
> miles.I would like to have one of those 3 wheeler Lambrettas.
>
> I think I once read somewhere that India makes some 3 wheel trucks.
> cuhulin

There is a place I pass on the way to work that sells 3-wheel utility
trucks like that, not sure of the brand. Same 3 have been sitting out
front for six months, so I don't think it is going well. The doors are
obviously leftovers from some old model of conventional mini-pickup, but
I can't quite place the contours. IIRC, the 3-wheelers prime appeal in
the countries where people actually buy them, is that they are
taxed/insured at a lower rate, closer to a motorcycle.

What makes sense in an old overcrowded European or Asian city with tiny
streets and no parking to speak of, is not so sensible here. A Crown Vic
taxicab could run over one of those things, and not even notice.

--
aem sends...