Motor racing legend Stirling Moss in intensive care after falling

Old March 8th 10, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Motor racing legend Stirling Moss in intensive care after falling

three storeys.
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=285168
cuhulin

Old March 8th 10, 09:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
N8N

On Mar 8, 3:16*pm, wrote:
> three storeys.http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=285168
> cuhulin

I'm not old enough to remember when he was actively racing, but as a
kid and for many years after I enjoyed reading his occasional
contributions to Road & Track. One of those rare people who was not
only a good driver but an entertaining writer as well. Here's hoping
for an uneventful recovery.

nate
Old March 8th 10, 09:54 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_2_]

N8N > wrote in news:7d8a551b-4dbb-4212-8484-
:

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...cgi?ArtNum=285
> 168
>> cuhulin

> I'm not old enough to remember when he was actively racing, but as a
> kid and for many years after I enjoyed reading his occasional
> contributions to Road & Track.

That was Innes Ireland, was it not? Ireland often wote in R&T, recounting
tales of his and Moss's adventures.

--
Tegger

Old March 8th 10, 10:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 14:16:50 -0600, cuhulin wrote:

> three storeys.
> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=285168 cuhulin

Holy Crap!

Old March 8th 10, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 03/08/2010 04:54 PM, Tegger wrote:
> > wrote in news:7d8a551b-4dbb-4212-8484-
> :
>
>> On Mar 8, 3:16 pm, wrote:
>>> three storeys.
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...cgi?ArtNum=285
>> 168
>>> cuhulin

>> I'm not old enough to remember when he was actively racing, but as a
>> kid and for many years after I enjoyed reading his occasional
>> contributions to Road& Track.

> That was Innes Ireland, was it not? Ireland often wote in R&T, recounting
> tales of his and Moss's adventures.

I'm pretty sure that they both did, as I seem to recall reading features
by both. I do believe that Ireland was the more prolific of the two.
Wouldn't mind having drinks with either of them, I don't think.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old March 8th 10, 11:54 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"N8N" > wrote in message
On Mar 8, 3:16 pm, wrote:
> three storeys.http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=285168
> cuhulin

I'm not old enough to remember when he was actively racing, but as a
kid and for many years after I enjoyed reading his occasional
contributions to Road & Track. One of those rare people who was not
only a good driver but an entertaining writer as well. Here's hoping
for an uneventful recovery.

nate
*****
He was, and Im sure still is, a tough old bird. He survived worse than that
in his Lotus.

Old March 9th 10, 12:21 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 03/08/2010 06:54 PM, hls wrote:

> "N8N" > wrote in message
> On Mar 8, 3:16 pm, wrote:
>> three
>> storeys.http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=285168
>> cuhulin

> I'm not old enough to remember when he was actively racing, but as a
> kid and for many years after I enjoyed reading his occasional
> contributions to Road & Track. One of those rare people who was not
> only a good driver but an entertaining writer as well. Here's hoping
> for an uneventful recovery.
>
> nate
> *****
> He was, and Im sure still is, a tough old bird. He survived worse than that
> in his Lotus.

That's a little frightening to think about; I fell about half as far
onto a hard surface years ago (thread tie-in: the day before the
Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, so of course I was there walking around
with my cracked ribs and swollen up wrist, kept having to go back to the
beer tent to take the edge off the throbbing) and I don't think I'd like
to try it from any greater height. Or the same, for that matter.
Really, I try to avoid falling at all, because while it's fun while it
lasts, the landing tends to hurt.

Haven't managed to injure myself in any automotive related mishap; I'd
like to keep that streak going...

nate

Old March 9th 10, 04:42 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
FatterDumber& Happier Moe

wrote:
> three storeys.

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=285168
> cuhulin

Brings up the question,
Is he using public or private health care?
Old March 9th 10, 02:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"FatterDumber& Happier Moe" > wrote in
message ...
> wrote:
>> three storeys.

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=285168
>> cuhulin
>>

> Brings up the question,
> Is he using public or private health care?

I dont know but the hospitals mentioned in the article have, or at least
had, good reputations. 'When I lived in Europe, the public health care
was, in general, excellent.

Some years ago in Mexico, the "Curz Verde" was not so good. A young
man, tending his pigeons on a rooftop, fell to the street, and fearing
"abduction" by the Cruz Verde, he dragged himself off the street and
into his apartment building to avoid them.

Old March 10th 10, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
The Dark One

On Mar 8, 3:16*pm, wrote:
> three storeys.http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=285168
> cuhulin

Good god, that hurts just to read about it. Falling 3 stories onto
concrete at any age let alone at 80 - gaaah. He must be a tough old
sob.