Toyota Throttle Electronics Easily Confused

Old March 4th 10, 02:44 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Toyota Throttle Electronics Easily Confused

I have a small wind up mechanical mule toy which walks forward, it was
made in Japan.I think was made soon after World War Two.One side of the
toy was made from an old Pabst Blue Ribbon beer can, I can see a little
bit of the inside of the toy.I can't see enough of the inside of the
other side of the toy to see if there is any advertizing on that half of
the toy.The toy still works, at least it was working last time I wound
it up many years ago.
cuhulin

Old March 4th 10, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
C. E. White[_3_]

> wrote in message
>I have a small wind up mechanical mule toy which walks forward, it was
> made in Japan.I think was made soon after World War Two.One side of the
> toy was made from an old Pabst Blue Ribbon beer can, I can see a little
> bit of the inside of the toy.I can't see enough of the inside of the
> other side of the toy to see if there is any advertizing on that half of
> the toy.The toy still works, at least it was working last time I wound
> it up many years ago.

I still fondly rememeber my 7 transistor Japanese made AM radio that I got
around 1962. During the day I could get maybe three local stations.
Ahaa...but at night I could get what seemed like hundreds. My favorites were
WBZ (Boston), WABC (New York), and WLS (Chicago). I still remember the ads
for Raceway Park, Morristown , NJ.

Ed

Old March 4th 10, 02:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 21:31:56 -0500, "C. E. White"
> wrote:

>"hls" > wrote in message
m...

>> > wrote in message
>>>I remember wayyyy back many years ago, everything Japan exported to
>>> America was junk.
>>> cuhulin

>> That was a long time ago. When I was a little boy, a lot of the cheapo
>> toys
>> that were available were made in Japan,. from tin cans or something worse.
>>
>> Now, they are at the top of the ladder mht. optics, electronics,
>> automobiles,
>> motorcycles, and a lot of other things.

>I think the Japanese always made some very good products. However, most of
>the good quality Japanese products from the 50's and early 60's were to
>expensive to be sold competitively in the US or not suited to US tastes.
>Plus, there was the whole WWII thing. It took a few years for the US Public
>to get over that.

First I remember of Japanese products "coming into their own" was
those little transistor radios back in the '50's.
Only game in town for that. Toshiba comes to mind.
That was a good indicator of them getting the jump on us, and they
did. Probably dumping them too, but if they could play that game on
us, so what? What matters is who wins.

--Vic

Old March 4th 10, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 21:57:16 -0500, "C. E. White"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>>I have a small wind up mechanical mule toy which walks forward, it was
>> made in Japan.I think was made soon after World War Two.One side of the
>> toy was made from an old Pabst Blue Ribbon beer can, I can see a little
>> bit of the inside of the toy.I can't see enough of the inside of the
>> other side of the toy to see if there is any advertizing on that half of
>> the toy.The toy still works, at least it was working last time I wound
>> it up many years ago.

>I still fondly rememeber my 7 transistor Japanese made AM radio that I got
>around 1962. During the day I could get maybe three local stations.
>Ahaa...but at night I could get what seemed like hundreds. My favorites were
>WBZ (Boston), WABC (New York), and WLS (Chicago). I still remember the ads
>for Raceway Park, Morristown , NJ.

I think WLS was one of only a few 50k watt transmitters.
Being from Chicago, I listened to Dick Biondi as a kid, and I could
pick up WLS from Norfolk when I went in the Navy.
My mates liked getting that tuned in.
Think we could get WABC sometimes too, depending on atmospherics.

--Vic

Old March 4th 10, 03:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Vic Smith > wrote:

>>I still fondly rememeber my 7 transistor Japanese made AM radio that I got
>>around 1962. During the day I could get maybe three local stations.
>>Ahaa...but at night I could get what seemed like hundreds. My favorites were
>>WBZ (Boston), WABC (New York), and WLS (Chicago). I still remember the ads
>>for Raceway Park, Morristown , NJ.
>>

>I think WLS was one of only a few 50k watt transmitters.
>Being from Chicago, I listened to Dick Biondi as a kid, and I could
>pick up WLS from Norfolk when I went in the Navy.
>My mates liked getting that tuned in.
>Think we could get WABC sometimes too, depending on atmospherics.

All of these stations had clear channel allocations back in the sixties
and they should all be audible today in most of the US. WBZ is sort of
problematic because they are interfered with by the digital subcarrier of
an adjacent station, but WABC and WLS come in like gangbusters here in
Virginia.

Problem with AM is mostly local interference. There are FCC rules for
interference radiation, but they haven't been enforced for years and
nobody cares. Get out of the city and into the country and you'll be
amazed what you can get on AM... Cuban stations, Canadian stations,
much of South America with a cheap transistor radio and a long wire.
--scott

Old March 4th 10, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I am a radio nut every since I was a kid.I reckon I own at least three
hundred or more old radios.Some of them work ok, some of them sort of
kind of work, some of them don't work at all.
cuhulin