Used Oil Analysis of CAMRY'S Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 after 4,920 miles

Old July 13th 09, 11:25 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Ray O[_2_]

Default Used Oil Analysis of CAMRY'S Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 after 4,920 miles

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> Ray O wrote:

>>> I could go for some right now! Not Kopi Luwak - just plain joe. :-)
>>>
>>> I have not had the pleasure of drinking a Kopu Luwak although the Trung
>>> Nguyen site offers a special coffee that has been treated with enzymes
>>> to replicate a bean's travel through a weasel's gut called "Legendee."
>>> At $17 for 9 oz. I'd probably just get a pound of Kona. That's a smooth
>>> cup too. :-)

>> Aah, a fellow coffee lover! I've had Kona but not Kopi Luwak. I don't
>> mind spending a little extra for good coffee but I don't know if I'd care
>> to spend THAT much extra!

> I'm a one-cup-a-day coffee lover, but not a connoisseur. In this age of
> harsh, burnt, Starbuck's coffee, I'm looking for a smooth cup of Joe and
> that's pretty much all. I used to always grind my own beans but nowdays
> it's just faster to drink what my parents did - canned coffee. Most of the
> coffee I drink is OK or good, a few are bad, and some are a real pleasure.
> That suits me just fine. Have one on me pal! :-)

I probably drink 3 or 4 cups a day, 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon.
I used to drink a lot more, but the neighbors and my wife complained when I
was running air ratchets or impact guns at 3 AM.

I don't consider myself to be a coffee snob, but most canned coffee has a
chemical taste to me so canned coffees are not my first choice. Starbucks
is not high on my list either because of the burnt taste that you mentioned.
A friend of mine has a small coffee roasting business, and his coffee is
very good and smooth. His coffee is a little pricey so we end up getting
whatever Costco has in whole bean and get my friend's coffee for the
holidays.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Old July 14th 09, 12:55 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Michael[_18_]

On Jul 13, 10:27*am, "HLS" > wrote:
> "ransley" > wrote in message news:9e2e01e0-6006-
>
> What is google broken, google data, how about the fact that a major
> percentage of engine wear is on startup, or is everything a myth to
> you, you must be a dino oil salesman.
>
> ***********
>
> I am not a dino oil salesman. *I am a research chemist, now retired.
>
> If you quote a "fact" like "p;ercentage of engine wear is on startup", then
> you need data to back it up. .Numbers, not just repearting what you have
> heard or read. *What IS the percentage of engine wear on startup? With
> synthetic and with dino. *How were the data obtained (conditions, methods,
> population).
>
> Question every perceived truth.. Evaluate the credibility of every perceived
> myth.

Well said.

To paraphrase what my fluid mechanics professor once said: if
everyone knows something is true... chances are no one knows the
truth.

Michael
Old July 14th 09, 01:49 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
HLS

> wrote in message
> Toyota MDT in MO > wrote:
>
>>HLS wrote:
>>>

> I had about 125,000 miles on a 93 V6. Sent oil for analysis. Like a
> trip to the doctor for the 60 and over checkups I thought.
> Good for that kind of thing?
> I was happy, and the cost is reasonable.

If it makes you happy, do it.. An oil change costs less.
Nothing in an oil analysis is going to make you pull your engine
and do an overhaul.

Is it worth it? Up to you.

Old July 14th 09, 02:52 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
HLS

"Sharx35" > wrote in message news:jAz6m.36114

> I wonder if the posters who "yecch" about human hair being hydrolyzed into
> a food item have similar reservations about "going down" there...orally.

Dont complain while the flavor lasts..
Maybe the amino acid that caused the uproar was cysteine rather than
carnitine.

The lower regions are probably used to make fish sauce.

Old July 14th 09, 04:15 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
sharx35

"HLS" > wrote in message

> "Sharx35" > wrote in message news:jAz6m.36114
>>
>> I wonder if the posters who "yecch" about human hair being hydrolyzed
>> into a food item have similar reservations about "going down"
>> there...orally.

> Dont complain while the flavor lasts..
> Maybe the amino acid that caused the uproar was cysteine rather than
> carnitine.
>
> The lower regions are probably used to make fish sauce.

But it would TASTE like chicken!

ROFL!

Old July 28th 09, 10:00 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Steve[_1_]

Built_Well wrote:
> Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> Umm.... you're really not going to be able to make _any_ judgement at all
>> with a single test on each oil.

> ========
>
> Umm, I'm less interested in finding a winner than safely extending my
> OCIs (oil change intervals) to 6,000 or 7,000 miles :-P

ANY decent synthetic oil will do THAT. No need for a UOA unless you're
interested in wear metals too.