Alfasud-Seat Leon

Old July 24th 05, 05:33 PM
Bert Kanters

Default Alfasud-Seat Leon

http://www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk/bert/sudleon.jpg

The only thing they changed in 30 years is the rake of the windshield :-)

Yes, the Sud is a photoshop but is exact how my Sud will look like hopefully
in a few weeks, ordered the paint, have 4 good doors, new wings 1 front both
rears, blue Sparco racing seats, alu door panels, TI headlamp surrounds with
BMW 7-series DE beams and solid steel, how do you call it, sill extension
and the 15x7 Alpina wheels with 195/45. 1700 carb engine already in will get
new heads, have a good 1500TI gearbox, brakes overhauled, new discs, shocks
(monroe) and PU bushes.
I used a picture of my old Sud that was a 3 door, there will be no sunroof
and not the tinted rear lights (sooo 80ties). I think it will look good,
not? It will be like I have a new car, for my 20th anniversary of Alfasud
owning, this is only my third after a 3 door and a Sprint, though I had
"some" for spares in the past. Thank ebay and internet in general for
getting Sud spares in this new millenium.

Old July 24th 05, 07:15 PM
Catman

Bert Kanters wrote:

> http://www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk/bert/sudleon.jpg
>
> The only thing they changed in 30 years is the rake of the windshield :-)

Intersting. Looks like it'll be a nice one, though *personally* I still
prefer the looks of the Sprint
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old July 24th 05, 09:48 PM
Bert Kanters

"Catman" > schreef in bericht

> Intersting. Looks like it'll be a nice one, though *personally* I still
> prefer the looks of the Sprint
> --

Of course, the sprint was meant to be the pretty sister of the Sud, a coupe
is meant to be good looking while a 4 door has to be practical. But I just
love that typical shape of the Sud. 8 years ago I had a Spider and then had
to decide if I wanted to continue with my Sprint or fix this Sud that I had
standing as a parts car, I choose the Sud for practical reasons.

Old July 25th 05, 04:51 AM
Synapse Syndrome

"Bert Kanters" > wrote in message
. nl...
> "Catman" > schreef in bericht
>
>> Intersting. Looks like it'll be a nice one, though *personally* I still
>> prefer the looks of the Sprint
>> --

> Of course, the sprint was meant to be the pretty sister of the Sud, a
> coupe is meant to be good looking while a 4 door has to be practical. But
> I just love that typical shape of the Sud. 8 years ago I had a Spider and
> then had to decide if I wanted to continue with my Sprint or fix this Sud
> that I had standing as a parts car, I choose the Sud for practical
> reasons.

Bert, have you done much welding on Sprints? I really don't know how to
tackle my inner rear arches and nearside sill.

ss.

Old July 25th 05, 09:10 AM
Bert Kanters

"Synapse Syndrome" > schreef in bericht

> Bert, have you done much welding on Sprints?

I had to on the one I owned...
http://www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk/bert/sprint001.jpg

> I really don't know how to tackle my inner rear arches and nearside sill.

It can be a mess, and you wouldn't know were to start. Just cut back to
sound metal and insert new sheets. Make sure the inner and outer wheelarches
are connected and that there are no ways for water entering the sills or
rest of car, after that you can install new wheel arch sections. I've seen
Sprints with some weird loooking rear arches where the owner inserted repair
pieces from another brand of car as the Sprint ones are expensive and hard
to get.

Old July 25th 05, 09:41 AM
SteveH

Bert Kanters > wrote:

> "Synapse Syndrome" > schreef in bericht
>
> > Bert, have you done much welding on Sprints?

> I had to on the one I owned...
> http://www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk/bert/sprint001.jpg

Oooh, that's very nice.

Do you have bigger versions of the first 2 you can put up?
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Passat 1.8 Turbo SE - COSOC KOTL
Old July 25th 05, 07:40 PM
Bert Kanters

"SteveH" > schreef in bericht
k...

> Do you have bigger versions of the first 2 you can put up?
> --

Are already on Catmans' server for quite some time, the Sprint was ten years
ago and doesn't exist anymore as such, or maybe it went to Africa, sold it
for a few quid to some Africans after it crashed and was handpainted green
with a red nose:
http://www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk/bert/page5.html

Seat Back Twisted SteveG BMW 2 May 22nd 05 06:04 PM
Broken Seat release lever 3 Dr VW Golf [email protected] VW water cooled 0 April 6th 05 05:31 PM
2001 Accord EX seat problem Enrique Gonzales Honda 1 March 19th 05 05:01 PM
Racing seat in a Ram 1500 [email protected] Chrysler 2 February 9th 05 05:21 AM
2001 Accord Coupe Seat Covers scobby Honda 0 December 7th 04 07:53 PM