NAV PLUS RADIO bad reception

Old July 16th 04, 11:57 PM
SAPO

Default NAV PLUS RADIO bad reception

I had my A4 2002 with nav plus radio and 6cds, for almost two years and in
that time the radio reception on FM has gotten worse to the point of local
stations being bearly listenable and national stations dissapearing into to
absolute noise. Now, just the local radio station can be syntonised. The
curious thing is some times when i turn off the NAV PLUS and turn it on
again, all the radio stations come back ok again. But just about little
time.
Which will be the problem?

Peter Moura

Old July 17th 04, 12:25 PM
Alf Friman

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 23:57:17 +0100, "SAPO" > wrote:

>I had my A4 2002 with nav plus radio and 6cds, for almost two years and in
>that time the radio reception on FM has gotten worse to the point of local
>stations being bearly listenable and national stations dissapearing into to
>absolute noise. Now, just the local radio station can be syntonised. The
>curious thing is some times when i turn off the NAV PLUS and turn it on
>again, all the radio stations come back ok again. But just about little
>time.
>Which will be the problem?

External antenna? Typically oxid and moisture in the antenna foot.
Clean and repair eletronic cicuits, seal with silicon.
Or buy a new antenna.

/Alf
Old July 19th 04, 08:05 PM
John West Berks

Hi Peter,

You dont say where you are, but I had the same problem with my UK A6 unit
(satnav+TV etc)

The A6 has the aerial built into the rear screen. There is a small box of
electronics that go with it under the rear parcel shelf (on a 4 door) I had
that replaced under warrenty.

It went again (this is a 1999 A6) and in the end I fitted a Bosch helical
aerial and reception has been great ever since!

Good luck,
John.

Old July 19th 04, 11:35 PM
Cam Newton

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:05:00 +0100, " John West Berks"
> wrote:

>Hi Peter,
>
>You dont say where you are, but I had the same problem with my UK A6 unit
>(satnav+TV etc)
>
>The A6 has the aerial built into the rear screen. There is a small box of
>electronics that go with it under the rear parcel shelf (on a 4 door) I had
>that replaced under warrenty.
>
>It went again (this is a 1999 A6) and in the end I fitted a Bosch helical
>aerial and reception has been great ever since!
>
>Good luck,
>John.

I have a 2004 A4 1.8q 4 door here in Canada with crappy AM reception.
Had a run around with the stupid sales thingy at the dealer (despite
what I told you about ME being your advocate in the Service dept 8
weeks ago, don't bother me again) there was no resolution offered by
the dealer. The AM reception still sucks; I just haven't got the
energy to go hit the jackass with the lumber he so richly deservers.

Argggh. Love the car though. A lot.
Old July 20th 04, 10:39 PM
SAPO

External antenna? I think its a internal antenna on back window.

No the problem is another thing...

Can any else give a try?

"Alf Friman" > escreveu na mensagem

Radio removal A4 Bear Audi 10 July 1st 09 10:23 PM
Alfa radio reception Neil Waterworth Alfa Romeo 3 June 12th 04 04:24 PM
Poor AM Radio reception in A4 Cam Newton Audi 18 May 31st 04 11:45 PM
WTB: Old VW / Audi radio Fred Mau Audi 2 May 20th 04 01:11 AM
radio is on safe mode bofromtherock Audi 2 May 15th 04 01:33 AM