'01 M3 door lock problem

Old June 11th 06, 02:48 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default '01 M3 door lock problem

My 2-door 2001 M3 (USA 72k) driver's side door lock won't pop up but will pop down when using the key remote. I can hear the lock mechanism working but only rarely does the door lock button go up, unlocking the door (the passenger side door works perfectly). I've been using the key to unlock the door and this method functions properly. I think I've heard of this problem. Is this a known issue? Any advice toward fixing this is greatly appreciated.

Old June 11th 06, 06:22 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

"sgfan3" > wrote in message
> My 2-door 2001 M3 (USA 72k) driver's side door lock won't pop up but will
> pop down when using the key remote. I can hear the lock mechanism working
> but only rarely does the door lock button go up, unlocking the door (the
> passenger side door works perfectly). I've been using the key to unlock
> the door and this method functions properly. I think I've heard of this
> problem. Is this a known issue? Any advice toward fixing this is greatly
> appreciated.

My '02 M3 did this - replaced central locking solenoid on
that side under warantee. First I would try adjusting the
solenoid upwards making sure the attaching rod isn't bent.

Old June 11th 06, 06:19 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

I have a '94 3 Series convertable. I had trouble with the driver side door
too -- the window would not drop when I opened the door. My problem was one
of the switches in the door latch mechanism was sticky. Upon reassembly of
the latch, I missed one of the linkage points. Now, my door locks and
unlocks properly, but the button does not pop up. This is similar to yoru
symptom, but my door actually unlocks even though the button remains down.
(The button comes up when I open the door with the inside door handle, or
the passenger key to unlock the doors.)