Any Element owners out there? Need advice on owning one

Old April 17th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Any Element owners out there? Need advice on owning one

never have owned an Element

Thinking of buying a USED one.

Do you LIKE your Element? if yes...why?

And...can I get a decent used Element for say 7-8k?

Also..what kind of gas mileage you get?
Old April 17th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

wrote:
> never have owned an Element
>
> Thinking of buying a USED one.

im just curious what about it appeals to you, as opposed to a regular
CR-V, a scion xB, etc...

dunno if theyre down in the $7/$8k range yet, without being
thrashed/recovered stolen/high-mileage/salvaged.
Old April 17th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

SoCalMike > wrote:

wrote:
>> never have owned an Element
>>
>> Thinking of buying a USED one.

>im just curious what about it appeals to you, as opposed to a regular
>CR-V, a scion xB, etc...
>
>dunno if theyre down in the $7/$8k range yet, without being
>thrashed/recovered stolen/high-mileage/salvaged.

looking for vehicle I can camp out of...sleep in back
of. That also gets god gas mileage and has good
reliability

Hence..... the Element maybe?

The Scion would work.... but its REALLY boxy for my
tastes. <g>
Old April 17th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

wrote:

> And...can I get a decent used Element for say 7-8k?

you may want to pay a visit to edmunds.com and do a little research on
used vehicle prices...

Old April 17th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

My best friend and sister both have Elements and love them. I like
them too. Cheap, economical, versitile, relatively large cargo
capacity, good mileage (for that size profile), can wash it out with a
hose (though I don't know anyone who has). Note that it's Economy
driven though. Not very much sound deadening, etc. It's by no means a
plush ride. Oh, I think my friend and sister both get about 22 MPG in
town and about 26 on the highway. They both have the 4WD elements.

Old April 18th 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

SoCalMike > wrote:

>if you were in the market for new, id check out a new honda "fit". its
>MADE to sleep in. why? i dunno.

Yeah I like that choice as well

I just thought I might find a used Element at better
price than new Fit

Yes? No?