National ID legislation - December Session of Congress

Old December 6th 04, 06:44 PM
Bernard Farquart

"Dave Head" > wrote in message
>>I am saying it had very little real effect, and was not a very big
>>deal.

> What they were able to accomplish is not the same as what they _wanted_ to
> accomplish. Dianne Feinstein from California was quoted as saying, "If it
> were
> up to me, I'd be saying, "Hand them all over, turn them all in Mr. and
> Mrs.
> America" " or words to that affect. Democrats by and large _do_ _desire_
> enact a total gun ban, but its Repiblicans, by and large, that are keeping
> them
> from doing it.

Please, Diane Feinstein is hardly a mainstream, or representative
member of the Democratic party. She is a strident hack, who would
not be in her position if she had to run most anywhere else.

I do not think that all or most Democrats are against
gun ownership. For one thing, I have alot of friends
who have guns, who are also Democrats. I don't really
want to endlessly argue who loves their "stash o' weapons"
more, just know that not all Dems are anti-gun, and probably
most would be happy to let things be as they are.

Any time one of my friends who is not necessarily pro-gun
ownership has a question about my position, I like
to ask two questions.

1) Do you trust the current administration?

2) Do you think they should be the only ones to have guns?

If you can't answer yes to the first, how can you to the
second?

Bernard

Old December 6th 04, 06:44 PM
Bernard Farquart

Old December 6th 04, 11:14 PM
Dave Head

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:44:04 GMT, "Bernard Farquart"
> wrote:

>"Dave Head" > wrote in message
.. .
>>>I am saying it had very little real effect, and was not a very big
>>>deal.

>> What they were able to accomplish is not the same as what they _wanted_ to
>> accomplish. Dianne Feinstein from California was quoted as saying, "If it
>> were
>> up to me, I'd be saying, "Hand them all over, turn them all in Mr. and
>> Mrs.
>> America" " or words to that affect. Democrats by and large _do_ _desire_
>> enact a total gun ban, but its Repiblicans, by and large, that are keeping
>> them
>> from doing it.
>>

>Please, Diane Feinstein is hardly a mainstream, or representative
>member of the Democratic party.

She's just like Teddy Kennedy, Chuck Schumer, and a host of other gun grabber,
who most certainly are representative of the Demcratic party as a whole.

>She is a strident hack,

OK... <G>

>who would
>not be in her position if she had to run most anywhere else.

She could get there in most of the blue states...

>I do not think that all or most Democrats are against
>gun ownership.

The democrat _people_ aren't - they're union members, a lot of 'em, that aren't
at work on the 1st day of hunting season. They're a lot of the makeup of the
citizen's militias that sprang up in the mid 90's, that the news media tried to
make out to be racist, but they were actually pro gun ownership people that
were scared that the government was about to turn into something it was never
meant to be, taking as evidence the events at Ruby Ridge and Waco.

The democrat elite - politicians, hollywood types, and others, _are_ against
gun ownership. They know they can't come out and say so, especially now that
we (the NRA) have taught them the politcal realities, but they'd sure _like_ to
collect up all the guns.

>For one thing, I have alot of friends
>who have guns, who are also Democrats.

Yep. These are the democrat people. The democrat elite even have guns, too.
Its just that the democrat elite think that _they_ should be the _only_ ones
that have them.

>I don't really
>want to endlessly argue who loves their "stash o' weapons"
>more,

We all do - the democrat elite just want their stashes to be the only
stashes...

>just know that not all Dems are anti-gun, and probably
>most would be happy to let things be as they are.

Yep - but these aren't the politicians - these are the union members. The
democrat politicos _do_ want to ban the guns - except for theirs, of course.

>Any time one of my friends who is not necessarily pro-gun
>ownership has a question about my position, I like
>to ask two questions.
>
>1) Do you trust the current administration?
>
>2) Do you think they should be the only ones to have guns?
>
>If you can't answer yes to the first, how can you to the
>second?

Yep

Dave Head

Old December 6th 04, 11:14 PM
Dave Head

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:44:04 GMT, "Bernard Farquart"
> wrote:

>"Dave Head" > wrote in message
.. .
>>>I am saying it had very little real effect, and was not a very big
>>>deal.

>> What they were able to accomplish is not the same as what they _wanted_ to
>> accomplish. Dianne Feinstein from California was quoted as saying, "If it
>> were
>> up to me, I'd be saying, "Hand them all over, turn them all in Mr. and
>> Mrs.
>> America" " or words to that affect. Democrats by and large _do_ _desire_
>> enact a total gun ban, but its Repiblicans, by and large, that are keeping
>> them
>> from doing it.
>>

>Please, Diane Feinstein is hardly a mainstream, or representative
>member of the Democratic party.

She's just like Teddy Kennedy, Chuck Schumer, and a host of other gun grabber,
who most certainly are representative of the Demcratic party as a whole.

>She is a strident hack,

OK... <G>

>who would
>not be in her position if she had to run most anywhere else.

She could get there in most of the blue states...

>I do not think that all or most Democrats are against
>gun ownership.

The democrat _people_ aren't - they're union members, a lot of 'em, that aren't
at work on the 1st day of hunting season. They're a lot of the makeup of the
citizen's militias that sprang up in the mid 90's, that the news media tried to
make out to be racist, but they were actually pro gun ownership people that
were scared that the government was about to turn into something it was never
meant to be, taking as evidence the events at Ruby Ridge and Waco.

The democrat elite - politicians, hollywood types, and others, _are_ against
gun ownership. They know they can't come out and say so, especially now that
we (the NRA) have taught them the politcal realities, but they'd sure _like_ to
collect up all the guns.

>For one thing, I have alot of friends
>who have guns, who are also Democrats.

Yep. These are the democrat people. The democrat elite even have guns, too.
Its just that the democrat elite think that _they_ should be the _only_ ones
that have them.

>I don't really
>want to endlessly argue who loves their "stash o' weapons"
>more,

We all do - the democrat elite just want their stashes to be the only
stashes...

>just know that not all Dems are anti-gun, and probably
>most would be happy to let things be as they are.

Yep - but these aren't the politicians - these are the union members. The
democrat politicos _do_ want to ban the guns - except for theirs, of course.

>Any time one of my friends who is not necessarily pro-gun
>ownership has a question about my position, I like
>to ask two questions.
>
>1) Do you trust the current administration?
>
>2) Do you think they should be the only ones to have guns?
>
>If you can't answer yes to the first, how can you to the
>second?

Yep

Dave Head

Old December 6th 04, 11:49 PM
Bernard Farquart

"Dave Head" > wrote in message
>>Please, Diane Feinstein is hardly a mainstream, or representative
>>member of the Democratic party.

> She's just like Teddy Kennedy, Chuck Schumer, and a host of other gun
> grabber,
> who most certainly are representative of the Demcratic party as a whole.
>
>>She is a strident hack,

> OK... <G>

Naming *two* other Democrats does not make for a
representative sample. Obviously there is a left wing, urban
part of the democratic party that is more in favor of gun
controls, but it has been shown that this is a no win
issue, and has not been pushed for some time. Can
you please tell me of any *currently* offered legislation
that is out there that will restrict my gun rights?

>>who would
>>not be in her position if she had to run most anywhere else.

> She could get there in most of the blue states...

I doubt very strongly she could get elected to a *statewide*
office in either OR or WA.

Old December 6th 04, 11:49 PM
Bernard Farquart

Old December 7th 04, 02:12 AM
Big Bill

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:49:24 GMT, "Bernard Farquart"
> wrote:

>"Dave Head" > wrote in message
.. .
>>>Please, Diane Feinstein is hardly a mainstream, or representative
>>>member of the Democratic party.

>> She's just like Teddy Kennedy, Chuck Schumer, and a host of other gun
>> grabber,
>> who most certainly are representative of the Demcratic party as a whole.
>>
>>>She is a strident hack,

>> OK... <G>

>Naming *two* other Democrats does not make for a
>representative sample. Obviously there is a left wing, urban
>part of the democratic party that is more in favor of gun
>controls, but it has been shown that this is a no win
>issue, and has not been pushed for some time. Can
>you please tell me of any *currently* offered legislation
>that is out there that will restrict my gun rights?

It seems that, at this particular moment, there are no pending bills
of that sort on the Federal level.
That doesn't mean much, though. The reversal of the so-called assault
gun ban dealt the anti-gunners a real blow,and trhe re-election of
Bush dealt another. They were really counting on Kerry winning, as
he's never met an anti-gun bill he didn't like enough to either
co-sponsor or vote for.
There will be more, count on it. The anti-gunners haven't given up.
You can go here to see what, for example, the Brady Bunch is doing:
http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/federal/

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old December 7th 04, 02:12 AM
Big Bill

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:49:24 GMT, "Bernard Farquart"
> wrote:

.. .

--
Bill Funk