Shock mounts

Old May 9th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Shock mounts

I have not seen them in the aftermarket so I would think you would have
to get them from Mazda.

Old May 9th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

finishlineperformance (aka rosenthal mazda) says that "The spring sits right
on the perch. No rubber between the two." Perhaps your springs are an after
market variety or you are talking about a newer model Miata than my '95?!?
Thanks.

oups.com...

Old May 9th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Christopher Muto wrote:
> finishlineperformance (aka rosenthal mazda) says that "The spring sits right
> on the perch. No rubber between the two." Perhaps your springs are an after
> market variety or you are talking about a newer model Miata than my '95?!?
> Thanks.

That's funny, I was just about to post this:

Chris,
I am not sure what he is referring to.
The springs are held in place between two metal caps, or perches, and
make metal to metal contact with these caps. There is no rubber piece
between the two parts.

Pat
Old May 9th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

In article >,
Scott Hughes > wrote:

> why is
> the seperate polyurethane boot option significantly superior?

It's not the separateness. The FM and FCM bumpstops are designed to make
better use of the Miata's limited wheel travel, especially on lowered
cars but also with stock springs. They're both shorter and more
progressive than OEM. Users report far less hard bottoming.

There are a couple of interesting recent threads about bumpstops on the
miata.net handling forum.

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old May 9th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Yes, mine is a '99. There are rubber pieces on the spring perch.

Old May 9th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

thanks for the follow up guys. one less thing for me to have to buy...

ups.com...

Old May 13th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

FWIW, KYB finally wrote back to me and confirmed that their inexpensive
SB108 boots for the Miata do include the bumpstops... or in their cryptic
words, "SB108 is a bumper bellows, bumper and cover in one." I already
ordered and received the OEM ones, but thought perhaps others might want to
know that the KYB model SB108 is essentially the same thing for half the
price.

"Christopher Muto" > wrote in message
newsa48g.3325$923.2987@trndny02...
> thanks for the follow up guys. one less thing for me to have to buy...
>
> "DBLZOOM" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Yes, mine is a '99. There are rubber pieces on the spring perch.

Olds V6/CJ5 Motor Mounts Bill Lahr Jeep 3 February 19th 06 08:42 PM
Tranny Mounts Anyone? TerryB VW air cooled 0 March 14th 05 02:59 AM
Rear shock mounts E46 MW BMW 3 March 4th 05 09:56 PM
Dumb shock questions.. Carl Saiyed Jeep 3 February 12th 05 02:59 PM
twistec or OEM motor mounts? marx404 Saturn 11 June 30th 04 03:47 PM