Olds V6/CJ5 Motor Mounts

Old February 18th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Olds V6/CJ5 Motor Mounts

Any of you guys know of a good source for motor mounts? I'm restoring a
'61 Kaiser Willys CJ5. Previous owner installed an Olds Fireball V6,
thinks it came from a '64. It is an Oddfire, suspect 198ci because it
has the Rochester Monojet instead of the 2bbl as is found on the 225ci.
But the blocks are the same, and I need the mounts. Passenger side mount
is broken, about an inch lower than the left, so the engine leans to one
side and is twisting the transmission.

The previous owner did all the work himself, but is 87 now and doesn't
remember the details. He was fairly sure he used to stock Olds mounts
and modified the brackets to fit the Jeep frame.

I've checked with a lot of websites and auto parts stores, but they all
use the same computer database, which will get you going in circles. It
contains errors (Olds Vista Cruiser shows an L6 when it is a V6) and it
doesn't list motor mounts for older engines. I sent an e-mail to Kanter,
hope to get a reply from them next week.

If any of you guys know of a good source for motor mounts, kindly post a
reply.
--

Bill Lahr

Old February 18th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Maybe you could post a link to a photo of the mounts so someone could
maybe ID them by looking at them?

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old February 18th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Bill, check out the forums section on the Early CJ5/Dauntless V6 web
page-

http://www.earlycj5.com/forums/

A lot of the guys there have either V6 conversions or stock V6s,
you'll get your answer there for sure (& maybe even your mounts) .

H.

http://users.eastlink.ca/~howarde/Tonka.html

Old February 19th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Thanks!

Bill Lahr

--

Bill Lahr