2000 INTREPID...clicks

Old December 2nd 04, 01:45 AM
DanB

I had something like this happen with my 99 Intrepid. Ended up the starter
needed replacing. What threw me at first was the loud sound the car would
make sometimes after starting. Turns out the starter gears would not retract
after starting and spun the starter. Turn the car off and it would "click"
when trying to restart it. After trying several times, the solenoid would
engage and start the car. No froze engine, but the wife explained the noise
kinda like a loud click or grinding sound. Just a thought.

DanB

Old December 2nd 04, 08:31 AM
Gene Poon

maxpower wrote:
> i was just telling you what his e mail said to me, wife heard alot of noise
> then quit. MOTOR LOCKED UP. there is no code for that
> "charles irby" > wrote in message
>
>>the car was acting up before it quit running so it should have a code
>>come up ??

2.7 liter engine? They can fail catastrophically and won't throw a
code. Failure is usually caused by oil starvation, due to sludge
building up inside the engine. And it's EXPENSIVE.
Old December 2nd 04, 08:31 AM
Gene Poon

Old December 2nd 04, 08:41 PM
maxpower

yes i no all about not changing oil and using the wrong viscosity oils in
the 2.7

Old December 2nd 04, 08:41 PM
maxpower

Old December 2nd 04, 11:06 PM
Dan C

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 15:41:46 -0500, maxpower wrote:

> yes i no all about not changing oil and using the wrong viscosity oils in
> the 2.7

Cool. Maybe now you can devote some time to learning about punctuation,
capitalization, spelling, proper sentence structure, and (most
importantly) how to properly use a newsreader program. Hint: trim your
posts, and don't top-post...

Linux Registered User #327951

Old December 2nd 04, 11:06 PM
Dan C

Old December 2nd 04, 11:31 PM
maxpower

sorry i must not be on the edge pal, if you dont like how i post, dont read
it, I didnt know this was a speeeeeeeeellllling test
news

Old December 2nd 04, 11:31 PM
maxpower

sorry i must not be on the edge pal, if you dont like how i post, dont read
it, I didnt know this was a speeeeeeeeellllling test
news

Old December 2nd 04, 11:35 PM
maxpower

I was recently told that the glass window panel delivery we have on
> auction is also known as a Town Wagon- Here is the info again.

Do your spamming somewhere else, dickhead.

Linux Registered User #327951
A "normal leak"? WTF is that?

You didn't think to check that stuff before you purchased the vehicle?

Linux Registered User #327951
DAN I PULLED UP 2 OF THE POST YOU MADE HERE IN THIS NEWSGROUP< YOU HAVE ALOT
OF NERVE TALKING ABOUT SOMEONES WAY OF DOING THINGS< WHY DONT YOU GET A LIFE
ASSHOLE

news

2000 Dodge Intrepid PCM Darrick Dodge 0 July 12th 04 02:20 PM
Intrepid AC Bill Dodge 6 July 3rd 04 02:14 AM