I'm Not the Only One Who Hates Driving in Tucson

Old February 10th 05, 10:33 PM
Nate Nagel

Cashew wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:24:38 -0600,
> (Brent P) wrote:

>>>defeatist

>>Reality.
>>
>>When I see government fixing intersection problems and mentioning said
>>design improvements in their press releases instead of expected reveune
>>levels or how much the cameras generated then I'll consider RLCs
>>something other than a cash generation device.

>>>If I get caught by an RLC, I'll accept responsibility for my running a
>>>red light.

>>You'll bitch and moan about how the intersection or RLC had one or more
>>design defects.

> No, I'll accept responsibility.
>

>>>It's too bad you (and so many others) are unwilling to accept personal
>>>responsibility

>>It's not a question of personal responsibility here.

> Sure it is. If you can't manage to stop for a red light, then you are
> a danger to yourself and others.
>

>>If the yellow is too
>>short for you to stop before the line or enter the intersection how are
>>you at fault?

> That won't happen because I don't run red lights.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

you will whine and cry like a little girl when you finally get caught in
a RLC trap, or worse yet get rear-ended because you locked 'em up to
avoid a RLC ticket. It's not a matter of "if" but "when" unless your
driving habits are such that you avoid them completely.

nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old February 10th 05, 10:53 PM
Cashew

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:33:11 -0500, Nate Nagel >
wrote:

>> That won't happen because I don't run red lights.

>HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
>
>you will whine and cry like a little girl when you finally get caught in
>a RLC trap, or worse yet get rear-ended because you locked 'em up to
>avoid a RLC ticket. It's not a matter of "if" but "when" unless your
>driving habits are such that you avoid them completely.

Sorry, pal. I don't run red lights.
Old February 10th 05, 10:59 PM
Nate Nagel

Cashew wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:33:11 -0500, Nate Nagel >
> wrote:
>

>>>That won't happen because I don't run red lights.

>>HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
>>
>>you will whine and cry like a little girl when you finally get caught in
>>a RLC trap, or worse yet get rear-ended because you locked 'em up to
>>avoid a RLC ticket. It's not a matter of "if" but "when" unless your
>>driving habits are such that you avoid them completely.

> Sorry, pal. I don't run red lights.

Not intentionally, no. Most people don't. But hit one of the "trick"
lights and you just might.

Studies have shown that at intersections with a high incidence of RLRing
that lengthening the yellow time is usually the most effective method of
reducing RLR incidents - much more so than installing a RLC. The
conclusion should be obvious.

nate

Old February 11th 05, 12:37 AM
Mike Z. Helm

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:59:26 -0500, Nate Nagel >

>> Sorry, pal. I don't run red lights.

>Not intentionally, no. Most people don't. But hit one of the "trick"
>lights and you just might.
>
>Studies have shown that at intersections with a high incidence of RLRing
>that lengthening the yellow time is usually the most effective method of
>reducing RLR incidents - much more so than installing a RLC. The
>conclusion should be obvious.

Yes, it is. Your studies are biased.
Old February 11th 05, 12:42 AM
Nate Nagel

Mike Z. Helm wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:59:26 -0500, Nate Nagel >
>

>>>Sorry, pal. I don't run red lights.

>>Not intentionally, no. Most people don't. But hit one of the "trick"
>>lights and you just might.
>>
>>Studies have shown that at intersections with a high incidence of RLRing
>>that lengthening the yellow time is usually the most effective method of
>>reducing RLR incidents - much more so than installing a RLC. The
>>conclusion should be obvious.

> Yes, it is. Your studies are biased.

The state of Virginia is biased?

http://virginiadot.org/vtrc/main/onl...rts/05-r21.htm

nate

Old February 11th 05, 01:19 AM
Arif Khokar

Nate Nagel wrote:

> Mike Z. Helm wrote:

>>> Studies have shown that at intersections with a high incidence of
>>> RLRing that lengthening the yellow time is usually the most effective
>>> method of reducing RLR incidents - much more so than installing a
>>> RLC. The conclusion should be obvious.

>> Yes, it is. Your studies are biased.

> The state of Virginia is biased?
>
> http://virginiadot.org/vtrc/main/onl...rts/05-r21.htm

I couldn't find where they actually stated the effect of increasing the
yellow phase time. There were several tables of which 2 indicated that
the yellow phase time changed during the data collection period. Both
those tables obviously show a decrease in total red light camera
citations after the change.
Old February 11th 05, 02:07 AM
Phxbrd

> >> http://www.pineridgerez.net/overview.php

> >Pretty stupid to stay in a place comparable to engleland's finest,

wouldn't
> >you say? In the meanwhile, Arizona originals are fat, sleek and rich as
> >Croesus. You can take my word for it, I won't bore you with cites....

> Aren't yours Mexicans?

You think Mexicans aren't Indios? More to the point, do you think Indios
give a rat's ass about political boundaries?

Old February 11th 05, 02:11 AM
Mike Z. Helm

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:42:40 -0500, Nate Nagel >

>Mike Z. Helm wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:59:26 -0500, Nate Nagel >

>>>Not intentionally, no. Most people don't. But hit one of the "trick"
>>>lights and you just might.
>>>
>>>Studies have shown that at intersections with a high incidence of RLRing
>>>that lengthening the yellow time is usually the most effective method of
>>>reducing RLR incidents - much more so than installing a RLC. The
>>>conclusion should be obvious.

>> Yes, it is. Your studies are biased.

>The state of Virginia is biased?

Perhaps it's simply your interpretation of their study which is biased.

>http://virginiadot.org/vtrc/main/onl...rts/05-r21.htm

It looks like they agree with me:

"Although those problems do not appear to be evident in the Virginia
programs at present, their existence elsewhere suggests the need for
jurisdictions to follow key practices when implementing such programs to
ensure the continued avoidance of problems."

"Those problems" are specifically the ones the anti-RLC crowd keep
raising, and Virginia doesn't suffer from them.

Old February 11th 05, 02:12 AM
Mike Z. Helm

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 01:19:07 GMT, Arif Khokar >

>Nate Nagel wrote:

>>> Yes, it is. Your studies are biased.

>> The state of Virginia is biased?
>>
>> http://virginiadot.org/vtrc/main/onl...rts/05-r21.htm

>I couldn't find where they actually stated the effect of increasing the
>yellow phase time. There were several tables of which 2 indicated that
>the yellow phase time changed during the data collection period. Both
>those tables obviously show a decrease in total red light camera
>citations after the change.

Although they show a greater decrease after installation of the RLCs.
Old February 11th 05, 06:40 AM
Brent P

In article >, Cashew wrote:

>> When the system is designed to generate revenue
>>you will eventually run a red light. You won't have a choice in the
>>matter other than not to drive.

> Personal responsibility is a bitch, ain't it?

May you be caught in such a situation a 1000 times.

opinon of BFG 31 AT KO used tire and rim purchase ufatbastehd Jeep 9 January 28th 05 03:49 AM
HEMI's HOT Luke Smith Driving 208 December 19th 04 05:27 PM
Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response [email protected] Corvette 0 October 9th 04 05:56 PM
Tucson Antique Car Driving Luke Antique cars 2 February 9th 04 10:03 AM