Trying to find a deal on an MX 5

Old November 2nd 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
chance

Default Trying to find a deal on an MX 5

Looking to buy an MX 5 Grand Touring model w/ 6MT. There are many LEFTOVER
2006 models here in Pa sitting next to the CURRENT 2007 models. The price
for 07 has only increased $100 over the 06 and now the GT has heated seats,
so I don't see any cost differental. Has anyone found a dealer who truly has
lowered the prices on his 06 models, or do I have to wait until the cars are
under 2 feet of snow? Any information will be appreciated.

Old November 2nd 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chas Hurst

"chance" > wrote in message
> Looking to buy an MX 5 Grand Touring model w/ 6MT. There are many LEFTOVER
> 2006 models here in Pa sitting next to the CURRENT 2007 models. The price
> for 07 has only increased $100 over the 06 and now the GT has heated
> seats, so I don't see any cost differental. Has anyone found a dealer who
> truly has lowered the prices on his 06 models, or do I have to wait until
> the cars are under 2 feet of snow? Any information will be appreciated.

I doubt many dealers are going to advertise a low ball price. Wait 'till
there's 2 ft of snow on a favorite, then make an offer. Bring a broom or a
leaf blower and clean the yourself.

Old November 2nd 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
chance

Thanks, Good advice. Before I pay close to MSRP for a LEFTOVER, that will
probably be my plan. Bought my last new convertible the day after
Thanksgiving and the dealer was "quite accomodating". It's a toy that will
only go into storage until April so I guess there is no hurry.

Old November 2nd 06, 11:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Dave[_3_]

In article >, "chance" > wrote:
>Thanks, Good advice. Before I pay close to MSRP for a LEFTOVER, that will

Hmmm, did you check at forum.miata.net in the "Pricing and Dealer
Discussion" and "NC" forums? I haven't checked those recently, but
I recall discussions of the NC's going for close to INVOICE many,
many months ago. I would think you wouldn't have to pay close to
MSRP on any NC. But maybe I'm off base. (As probably you) I'd
expect incentives on leftovers on top of that to boot.

Haggle. Good luck!
Old November 2nd 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

chance wrote:
> Looking to buy an MX 5 Grand Touring model w/ 6MT. There are many LEFTOVER
> 2006 models here in Pa sitting next to the CURRENT 2007 models. The price
> for 07 has only increased $100 over the 06 and now the GT has heated

seats,
> so I don't see any cost differental. Has anyone found a dealer who truly

has
> lowered the prices on his 06 models, or do I have to wait until the cars

are
> under 2 feet of snow? Any information will be appreciated.

Where in PA are you? Just being curious as I'm over here in the eastern
part and drive my Miata year round. Just put good snow tires on all four
corners and you're good to go.

And if you're not sure what year to buy, check with a local Miata club -
there's usually folks there willing to either take you for a drive or let
you drive their cars so you know what type of suspension, interior, and/or
other amenities you'll like the best.

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old November 3rd 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
chance

A dealer offered me a new 2006 GT, 6MT (MSRP $24995) for $22400 today. That
included a $1000 incentive from Mazda on leftover 06 models to use their
financing. I planned to pay cash but the dealer said I could make 3 payments
and then pay off, netting most of the $1000 incentive. What do you think?
I'm still looking as car is stored every winter. Thanks.

Old November 3rd 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Craig Wagner

"chance" > wrote:

>A dealer offered me a new 2006 GT, 6MT (MSRP $24995) for $22400 today. That
>included a $1000 incentive from Mazda on leftover 06 models to use their
>financing. I planned to pay cash but the dealer said I could make 3 payments
>and then pay off, netting most of the $1000 incentive. What do you think?
>I'm still looking as car is stored every winter. Thanks.

At that MSRP it probably doesn't have either of the premium packages, which
means no HID, no LSD, no Advanced Keyless Entry. You should determine if you
care about any of that stuff.

In general, figure ~$2000 difference between invoice and MSRP, then include the
$1000 rebate... I think you can probably do better. He's still selling you the
car for ~$500 over invoice.
Old November 3rd 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Craig Wagner > wrote in
:

> I bought my '06 GT last October (that's October 2005) for invoice
> (that's invoice, not sticker/MSRP).

Don't know about yours, but when I drove a NC the dealer had 'em
overflowing the lot and seemed quite eager to deal (I wasn't, hated the
car!)

Now I notice their inventory is very small so it's possible the best
chance for a deal is past?

Old November 4th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Craig Wagner

:

>> I bought my '06 GT last October (that's October 2005) for invoice
>> (that's invoice, not sticker/MSRP).

>Don't know about yours, but when I drove a NC the dealer had 'em
>overflowing the lot and seemed quite eager to deal (I wasn't, hated the
>car!)

IIRC, they had two, maybe three, MX-5s at the time. They seemed to simply be
more interested in moving cars than holding out for the maximum profit on each
one.

I also did my deal through their internet sales manager. Emailed the dealership
asking for a quote, and that's what he came back with. None of the usual PITA "I
have to talk to my sales manager" crap.