2004 JGC to Silver Lake Dunes

Old July 1st 05, 11:55 PM

Default 2004 JGC to Silver Lake Dunes

I recently traded in my 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo on a 2004 Jeep
Grand Cherokee Limited. I've taken my old Jeep up on Silver Lake
Sand Dunes in Michigan, and had everything figured out. Now I've got
to learn about my new Jeep. It is a High Output 4.7L V8, where my old
one was a V6. I need to learn about how to use the Quadra-Drive while
climbing hills on the dunes. I'm assuming I would go from 4-All Time
into 4-Lo and into gear 1. How about Overdrive? Also, what is the
procedure from going from 4-AllTime to 4-Lo? It doesn't want to slip
right in.

Also, the tires I have are P235/65R17. Any concerns there? Air down to
around 13?

Steve Hummel
Indianapolis

Old July 6th 05, 07:01 PM

I recieved some real good advice about 6 years ago when I got my first
JGC. Anyone care to give me some insight on my new Jeep?

Old July 6th 05, 08:07 PM
BillyRay

I just picked up an '02 WJ 5-6 weeks ago and just love it. It is much more
comfortable than my old XJ.

There is a WJ (JGC) specific web site at :
http://www.wjjeeps.com/jmenu.htm

which is loaded with information for our model. What do you plan to do with
it?

Are you over in NKY?

oups.com...

Old July 7th 05, 12:25 AM

Silver Lake Michigan (Mears Michigan)

https://ssl-001.9netave.com/%7Eux323...ddunesflys.jpg

Old July 7th 05, 12:45 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

What year? I see paddle tracks on the left side. One set of tracks
for the top. Looks like none of the Jeeps made it on their stock 760X15
tires. http://www.billhughes.com/pismo.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old July 7th 05, 12:56 AM
Matt Macchiarolo

That's Test Hill, on the left as you come out of the entrance road. Gets to
be about a 45-50 degree angle at the top. Most novices (I suspect those are
the local tour rentals) don't make it the first time. You have to leave it
in 2nd gear/high to get enough momentum to clear the top.

Old July 7th 05, 01:06 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Yup novices, none of the Jeepers in my area that play in the dunes,
loose their momentum, if they see they're not going to make, they swing
first one way then spin it around to the other to avoid having to back
down.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 7th 05, 02:27 AM
Matt Macchiarolo

Yikes. Try that on Test Hill and you will end up rolling down....

Old July 7th 05, 02:45 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.billhughes.com/temp/glamis.mpg

Old July 7th 05, 02:57 PM

Yep, I got a bit stuck my first time in my 97 Grand Cherokee. I
learned that if you lose momentum, don't even try to crest the top.
And if you do make it, go ALL the way over!!

But, I'm trying to find advice on my new 2005 Quadra-Drive Grand
Cherokee. The questions in my original message.