pictures of the finished product (almost)

Old July 16th 05, 11:54 PM
Chip

Default pictures of the finished product (almost)

I have to ask myself if it will every really be finished. There will always
be something to fix, buy, adjust, or re-arrange. Anyway, it's on the road.
Sometime it will get new paint.

I want to arrange the plug wires. I have seen a few items to do it. Some
are adjustable that bolt on using 2 of the valve cover bolts (the ones that
lay the wires beside the heads) and others are different. I'm looking for
opinions here. What works?

hopefully this works, I'm an HTML novice, if not I'll post it again
unformatted.

Pictures from different angles:
http:/home.neo.rr.com/rocketitis/P1010021.JPG
http:/home.neo.rr.com/rocketitis/P1010022.JPG
http:/home.neo.rr.com/rocketitis/P1010023.JPG
http:/home.neo.rr.com/rocketitis/P1010024.JPG

Chip

Old July 17th 05, 01:22 AM
BillyRay

How noisy are those cherrybomb mufflers?

Old July 17th 05, 02:31 AM
Chip

They're actually flowtech purple hornies, and I would say that they are
fairly noisy (As far as I know - they are the same as cherrybombs). Under
acceleration, they have a very robust sound. At 35 mph, I could easily
carry on a conversation with someone even if I'm riding without the top.
Also, they do not have any of the 'back-down' noice that I have heard with
other engines. I'm not sure if it's the nature of the muffler or the nature
of the engine. I would like to extend the tailpipe out the rear, behind the
tires, to get the exhaust further away from the driver's seat. This works
for now and they are much quieter than the unbaffled header mufflers that I
have seen in the JC Whitney catalog. Those were on it before I rebuilt.

Chip