Explorer 1994: Willing wipers

Old May 11th 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Ívar Pétur Guđnason[_2_]

Default Explorer 1994: Willing wipers

Hello all

The car is a US version, 6 cyl., auto, 182,000 miles. Sometimes the wipers
will continue to operate long after being shut off. On occasion, they even
turn themselves on the next time I start the car!
Wipers act normally from time to time, but not often enough!
I do not have a Owner's Manual, so I haven't found the suspected relay yet.
Where is the wiper relay, and do you have any other suggestions regarding
the fault?

Regards,

Ivar Petur

Old May 15th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Al Williams

If the wipers are controlled by one of those multi-function control stalks
(ie: wiper/turn signal/high beam) then it could be going bad as well.

--
Allan Williams