Window Tint

Old March 8th 07, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
Dodson

Default Window Tint

I recently bought a used BMW & the person who owned it before me put
after market widow tint on the rear window! :screwy: Why is beyond any
reason since the window was factory tinited and the rear window also has
a roll up sun shade.
Any ideas of how I can remove this?

Peace

--
Dodson
Dodson's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=502547

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old July 3rd 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
567234ta

on a sunny day wet the back window with window cleaner and lay a trash
bag on it. cut it to fit the window with a razor. keep it wet thru this
whole process. cover the seats and deck inside with a tarp and more
plastic. spray the window inside with ammonia, the plastic outside is
so the ammonia wont dry right up. soak it with the ammonia for as long
as it needs to soften up, dont try to peel it if the tint is
seperating. soak it longer.
then soak it some more.
then pell it off, clean up any residue with 0000 steel wool and wash
with soap and water. the side windows you can use a razor on and will
be much easier.

--
567234ta
567234ta's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=104026

Old July 21st 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
sarah2007

567234ta Wrote:
> on a sunny day wet the back window with window cleaner and lay a trash
> bag on it. cut it to fit the window with a razor. keep it wet thru this
> whole process. cover the seats and deck inside with a tarp and more
> plastic. spray the window inside with ammonia, the plastic outside is
> so the ammonia wont dry right up. soak it with the ammonia for as long
> as it needs to soften up, dont try to peel it if the tint is
> seperating. soak it longer.
> then soak it some more.
> then pell it off, clean up any residue with 0000 steel wool and wash
> with soap and water. the side windows you can use a razor on and will
> be much easier.

enough said :iceslolan

--
sarah2007
sarah2007's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=524206
View this thread: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=681158

http://www.automotiveforums.com

2006 Liberty Sport Window Tint Rusty Nale Jeep 3 July 15th 06 01:41 AM
Window Tint Problem Mike Surwill Saturn 8 February 14th 06 05:29 PM
Recommend window tint dxmah Honda 2 March 17th 05 11:48 PM
Window Tint Repair Order (Arizona) Jason General 0 August 20th 04 10:03 PM
*LIGHT* Window Tint Film Jeff McAhren General 0 June 9th 04 03:52 AM