Winch???

Old March 24th 04, 01:05 PM
Zenteren

Default Winch???

Hi!

I have Warn M6000 12V winch on my Suzuki, it is old for about 8 months and
I'v noticed that when my car is on the hill my winch cannot hold the car
still on the hill, it slowly rotates the drum backwards. When I push IN
button everything works fine, no strange sounds. This starts to happen after
driving in very deep wet snow.
Is there any chance to solve that problem?

Old March 24th 04, 02:39 PM
James BIGFOOT Holloway

sounds like the brake is slipping have u cleaned it out yet? IT says that
after been used or submerged in water it should be striped and re built.

Old March 24th 04, 02:39 PM
James BIGFOOT Holloway

Old March 24th 04, 03:30 PM
Zenteren

I take a part my winch and I will try to clean brake, but I'v noticed that
it got retaining spring, is there any problem to put brake back, and is
there any way to put it some wrong way and maybe that would be the reason of
not braking drum???

Old March 24th 04, 03:30 PM
Zenteren

Wiring for Winch Scott C. 4x4 26 April 5th 04 03:21 AM
Unimog PTO mercedes winch ... marko vrkic 4x4 2 February 16th 04 08:18 PM
Towing out snowed in cars - a cautionary tale! Exit 4x4 238 February 11th 04 12:24 AM