Power window module 94 Jetta????

Old January 10th 05, 12:56 PM
dave

Default Power window module 94 Jetta????

Is there some master module that controls the power windows when you use the
key in the door handle?
Or what controls them?

always trying to learn and understand!
TIA

later,
dave
(One out of many Daves)
Old January 11th 05, 12:32 AM
Woodchuck

Each window motor has a control unit integrated with the motor. What's your
issue?

Old January 11th 05, 05:13 AM
dave AKA vwdoc1

Hi Woodchuck,
One day as the snow was melting I locked the car up, went to run an errand,
came back to this 94 Jetta and all of the doors were unlocked and all
windows were rolled down.
Not too cool in the wintertime. Or should I say TOO cool. lol

I tried to roll them up and lock the doors and sometimes I could get them to
go up and lock but they would roll down and doors unlock at different times.
I can be standing outside of the car after I had gotten the windows up and
the doors locked. I would hear clicking in the left rear door and maybe
trunk too (power door lock module) and then the doors would unlock and the
windows would come down. Might be after a few minutes too.
I had checked the wiring from the LF door to the post and it seemed in good
shape.
I thought maybe water got into the door lock/latch microswitch and tried to
dry things out with a heat gun.
I disconnected the alarm.
I disconnected and reconnected the battery.
All of the above made no difference except after reconnecting the battery
ALL windows rolled down and stayed down.

I finally disconnected the power door lock module and the windows and doors,
with the exception of the power locks, seem to function.

I think it needs an exorcist! lol
Do you think it is a faulty microswitch in the left door?
thanks,
dave

Old January 11th 05, 12:27 PM
Woodchuck

There is a micro switch mounted on the left front door latch which has 3
wire connector. Just unplug it, and since you should still have a keyed
right door you can check the system function from there.

m...

Old January 12th 05, 03:25 AM
dave AKA vwdoc1

"Woodchuck" > wrote in message
> There is a micro switch mounted on the left front door latch which has 3
> wire connector. Just unplug it, and since you should still have a keyed
> right door you can check the system function from there.

I will do that to see if it is that microswitch.
Of course I will hook up the alarm and power door module again. ;-)

Thanks Woodchuck.

later,
dave
(One out of many daves)