Safe Driving is here to stay

Old February 26th 06, 06:48 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Safe Driving is here to stay

Safe Driving is here to stay
By Marlon Muñoz

Q: -How many times have we listened to our radio or read the newspaper
about the fatal car accident on major highways or local roads?

A: -Too many!

Around September 2005 I came up with an idea that could help drivers prevent
traffic accidents. A year later, lots of sleepless nights and a loan from my
retirement account, I turned my idea into a reality with the help of Guy
Marsden, an electronic engineer from Maine. He was able to transform my idea
into a useful safe driving tool.

The invention is called The Co-Pilot, a device that is hardwired in a
vehicle's power source and when the engine is started, a pleasant voice
gives you a greeting followed by sequential safety messages. Sort of
annoying some might say, but think about it. Imagine your teenager getting
their first car and going out for the night, then you get a phone call at
9:45 pm on a Saturday notifying you that your child has been in an accident.
At best, your child is fine. at worst, well, now you have a very large bill
to pay.

Now think of this, what if your child had gone out that night with The
Co-Pilot installed in the vehicle, reminding him or her not to tailgate, not
to use the cell phone while driving, make a complete stop at a stop sign, or
maybe checking for clearance when backing up or changing lanes. There's no
doubt that the odds are in favor of your child not getting into a
preventable accident. [Don't worry The Co-Pilot doesn't have an ON/OFF
button]- So is it just for teens, of course not. It's also intended
for the thirty something in a rush to work, drinking coffee, text messaging
their buddy - all of this while doing 80 miles per hour on the highway.

The important thing to remember is that when we are on the road, every
second counts. The Co-Pilot gives us that extra second to think. Life is too
precious for us not to take that extra second and think about what we are
doing while driving. One thing is for sure; my daughter will be getting one
of these when she's ready to take to the road.

Marlon Muñoz is a minority business owner and operator of
www.SafeCoPilot.com and Chasqui Safety Products, LLC.

For more information please visit: www.SafeCoPilot.com or call 845 417 5152

--
Drive Safe...