car crash

Old October 5th 15, 05:38 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

Default car crash

On Sunday, October 4, 2015 at 9:02:01 PM UTC-10, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 10/04/2015 11:33 AM, JR wrote:
> >> bent it into an eyelet, and attached it to the wiper lug missing the
> >> bolt-head. Then I tied the wiper transmission arm down with a pair
> >> of shoe-laces. Hooray for me, it'll last longer since both laces have
> >> to wear out before it fails.

> >> able to do something permanent, but he didn't show up. Hey, did we
> >> used to talk about vehicle design here, or was that another bboard?
> >> I'd probably enjoy some of that.

> >> much alike (Ugly as Hell, in my Opinion) nowadays, something
> >> should be done to make them look better.
> >>
> >> Cars have always "looked alike". Despite your advanced years,
> >> you still haven't recognized the obvious truth in that statement.

> > Google,,, 1950s Cars ...Those cars had Style. It was like looking at works of Art.

> When I was a kid my family and I would see who could guess the makes of
> cars first. It was trivial to tell a Ford from a Chevy from a
> Studebaker, even 1/4 mile away.
>
> A friend just bought a 2010 Honda Crosstour. It looks exactly like
> every other silver car on the road. The main reason for having a key
> that unlocks your car remotely is that it flashes your headlights so you
> can tell which car is yours.
>
> God help you if you park your compact rental car in Costco's parking lot
> and forget where it is.
>

> --
> Cheers, Bev
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we could to protect
> our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security."
> --Microsoft VP in charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

The advent of self-driving, electric, automobiles will turn them into true generic appliances. It will be the end of car culture and young folk will wonder what all the fuss was about owning a car.
Old October 6th 15, 12:19 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Mon, 5 Oct 2015 00:01:55 -0700, The Real Bev >
wrote:

>On 10/04/2015 11:33 AM, JR wrote:
>>> bent it into an eyelet, and attached it to the wiper lug missing the
>>> bolt-head. Then I tied the wiper transmission arm down with a pair
>>> of shoe-laces. Hooray for me, it'll last longer since both laces have
>>> to wear out before it fails.

>>> able to do something permanent, but he didn't show up. Hey, did we
>>> used to talk about vehicle design here, or was that another bboard?
>>> I'd probably enjoy some of that.

>>> much alike (Ugly as Hell, in my Opinion) nowadays, something
>>> should be done to make them look better.
>>>
>>> Cars have always "looked alike". Despite your advanced years,
>>> you still haven't recognized the obvious truth in that statement.

>> Google,,, 1950s Cars ...Those cars had Style. It was like looking at works of Art.

>When I was a kid my family and I would see who could guess the makes of
>cars first. It was trivial to tell a Ford from a Chevy from a
>Studebaker, even 1/4 mile away.
>
>A friend just bought a 2010 Honda Crosstour. It looks exactly like
>every other silver car on the road. The main reason for having a key
>that unlocks your car remotely is that it flashes your headlights so you
>can tell which car is yours.
>
>God help you if you park your compact rental car in Costco's parking lot
>and forget where it is.

BTDT, not a good feeling.
Old October 6th 15, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

I liked to tell inquiring types that for a car to carry stuff it will look like a shoe box. For zip it will look like a watermelon seed, and thus the many similarities between cars as they meet engineering goals.

There is other stuff. I may annoy folks, but much of the artistic presentation on some heavy vehicles is "brutalist". The high broad flat face is to show what kind of crowd you are in. I was particularly annoyed by it when I remembered the 1970's goal of making bumpers lower than knee height so collision with a pedestrian would scoop them up to be rolled off to the side. The brutes will cause more damage and reduce visibility in the accident zone..
Old October 7th 15, 08:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
The Real Bev[_5_]

https://picasaweb.google.com/1012968...85513100568786

--
Cheers, Bev
"To prove my love for you, I had these flowers killed. Put them
Old October 8th 15, 12:24 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 2:15:54 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 10/06/2015 08:33 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
>
> > Maybe 25 years ago I put a Barbie head on the antenna of my 1980 Sentra
> > and then transferred it to our battered 1970 orange Caltrans Dodge
> > pickup, which is generally easy to find in a parking lot. It's
> > interesting to watch the deterioration. Her face developed giant black
> > warts and part of her hair fell off.

> https://picasaweb.google.com/1012968...85513100568786
>

> --
> Cheers, Bev
> "To prove my love for you, I had these flowers killed. Put them
> in water and it will prolong their slow, agonizing death."

With it's hair in the wind.

Crash Course dr_jeff Chrysler 0 January 18th 10 01:46 PM
Father of drunk baseball player that killed himself in a crash sues almost everyone involved with the crash. Peter Lawrence Driving 6 May 25th 07 10:28 PM
Latest on Josh Hancock crash - Boozer and had near fatal crash justthree days before!!! Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 4 May 4th 07 01:18 AM
Bus Crash Bar? Wolfgang VW air cooled 4 February 19th 05 06:57 PM