WWII Jeep question

Old July 27th 15, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

Default WWII Jeep question

I distinctly remember a neighbor's surplus Jeep with round
clutch and brake pedals (this would have been around 1962 or
so). I mentioned that to a friend who just bought a restored
'55 and she says there were never round pedals on military
Jeeps. Anyone actually know this? Aftermarket pedal covers
maybe? Web search was no help.
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Old July 27th 15, 10:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 3:41:36 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
> I distinctly remember a neighbor's surplus Jeep with round
> clutch and brake pedals (this would have been around 1962 or
> so). I mentioned that to a friend who just bought a restored
> '55 and she says there were never round pedals on military
> Jeeps. Anyone actually know this? Aftermarket pedal covers
> maybe? Web search was no help.
> --
> Andrew Muzi
> <www.yellowjersey.org/>
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Google,,, Brian's Military Jeeps Google,,, CJ3B Page . .I own a 1948 Willys (Civilian Jeep) Jeep. The pedals are not round.
Old July 27th 15, 11:30 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

On 7/27/2015 4:22 PM, JR wrote:
> On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 3:41:36 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
>> I distinctly remember a neighbor's surplus Jeep with round
>> clutch and brake pedals (this would have been around 1962 or
>> so). I mentioned that to a friend who just bought a restored
>> '55 and she says there were never round pedals on military
>> Jeeps. Anyone actually know this? Aftermarket pedal covers
>> maybe? Web search was no help.
>> --
>> Andrew Muzi
>> <www.yellowjersey.org/>
>> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

> Google,,, Brian's Military Jeeps Google,,, CJ3B Page . .I own a 1948 Willys (Civilian Jeep) Jeep. The pedals are not round.

I can't find any data about which pedals are which but
here's a Ford-made Jeep with them, 1942:
http://wwiijeepparts.com/WW2/Photos/...Pprototype.jpg

And yet here's 1942 Ford with rectangle pedals:
http://wwiijeepparts.com/WW2/Photos/...942FordGPW.jpg

Old July 28th 15, 10:34 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Jeep might have had the round
ones retro-fitted.

Ever see a '71 Chevelle bumper
on a '68 Chevelle? Not a pretty
picture.
Old July 28th 15, 04:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 4:34:53 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> Jeep might have had the round
> ones retro-fitted.
>
> Ever see a '71 Chevelle bumper
> on a '68 Chevelle? Not a pretty
> picture.

The 'May West' bumpers on some Cadillacs looked Ay OK.
Old September 22nd 15, 03:57 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

I can remember as an infant staring at a small round shiny worn pedal, but have zero idea of what vehicle that would be.

Old September 22nd 15, 02:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

In article >,
> wrote:
>I can remember as an infant staring at a small round shiny worn pedal, but have zero idea of what vehicle that would be.

Could have been a Jeep. Could have been an early VW Bug or also a
Citroen.

In French, years after the Citroen 2CV was discontinued, people still refer
to the accelerator as the "mushroom" since the original 2CV accelerator
looked like a mushroom cap. You will still hear people yelling "push the damn
mushroom, you idiot" in traffic.
--scott
Old September 22nd 15, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 8:59:49 AM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article >,
> > wrote:
> >I can remember as an infant staring at a small round shiny worn pedal, but have zero idea of what vehicle that would be.

> Could have been a Jeep. Could have been an early VW Bug or also a
> Citroen.
>
> In French, years after the Citroen 2CV was discontinued, people still refer
> to the accelerator as the "mushroom" since the original 2CV accelerator
> looked like a mushroom cap. You will still hear people yelling "push the damn
> mushroom, you idiot" in traffic.
> --scott

Google,,, Hotchkiss Jeeps

WWII Jeep 'found in crate' set to cross Greenwich auction block MummyChunk Jeep 2 June 7th 13 12:51 AM
YJ jeep top question? Uncle Bob Jeep 0 March 6th 11 02:52 PM
YJ jeep top question? Uncle Bob Jeep 2 March 6th 11 10:31 AM
Jeep Front End Question/ 2000 JGC + Bonus Question!! James[_1_] Jeep 30 November 4th 06 07:52 PM
JEEP question - 4.0 vs 4.0HO James Morrow 4x4 12 June 2nd 04 05:16 PM