OT PING --> jerry b

Old July 27th 05, 04:23 AM
Nathan W. Collier

Default OT PING --> jerry b

although we're rarely on the same side of the fence, this is an exception.
ive recently seen an h2 video that shows a picture of you, and i doubt it
was used with your permission. talking smack on you is one thing, but
including your image in the video is wrong. if youre not aware of this ill
provide the link.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com

Old July 27th 05, 07:09 AM
Jerry Bransford

Thanks Nathan, I'm very much aware of it. Doesn't bother me in the
least, I'm flattered they thought enough of me to include me in their
pro-H2 video.

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old July 27th 05, 07:24 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Jerry Bransford" > wrote in message
> Thanks Nathan, I'm very much aware of it. Doesn't bother me in the least,
> I'm flattered they thought enough of me to include me in their pro-H2
> video.

glad to see youre taking it in such good spirits. i just found it to be in
really poor taste. bickering and banter is one thing but to use your image
in a defaming manner just seemed across the line and i wanted to make you
aware of it.

btw, out of curiosity, i dont suppose you flew into billings from seattle
about 6 weeks ago or so? i was on a flight in the back of the plane when
someone looking a _lot_ like you in a jeep hat stood up to exit. i
attempted to say "hi" but you (or whomever it was) got off the plane before
i could get my carry on out of the holder.

Old July 27th 05, 07:32 AM
Jerry Bransford

I don't think it was me, at least I can't remember being out of
California in a while. Sure it wasn't the Marlboro Man that just kinda
looks like me up there in antelope country?

Old July 27th 05, 02:24 PM
Billy Ray

Can you post the link?

Old July 27th 05, 05:19 PM
Earle Horton

Jerry,

Will you be promoting the new H3 also?

Earle

Old July 27th 05, 05:23 PM
Billy Ray

There seems to be a lot of mistaken identity going on recently.

I just got back from a brief camping trip in Canada and the US Homeland
Security guards at the border apparently confused a (well over 40) middle
aged white boy with a 'high and tight' GI haircut for his blondish brown
hair with 'distinguishing' white highlights on his temples, pale skin, long
thin nose and light blue eyes that reflect my northern European and Irish
ancestry,and an obviously German name on my Driver's License, Notarized
Birth Certificate, Government Issued Identification and Ohio State issued
Occupational Identification for myself and my Jeep's State Registrar
Notarized Title Registration and Ohio State required Proof of Insurance for
an undocumented, dirty, smelly, unkempt, bearded 20-25 year old, dark
skinned, middle-eastern looking, illegal alien, raghead terrorist. (gasp -->
ethnic profiling )

He also was unconvinced that I was not smuggling alcohol, firearms or
tobacco products. Probably what set his 'spider sense' tingling was my
eventual reply to his repeated questions with "The church considers
drinking, smoking and gambling a sin." I guess he was unaware that religions
other than Moslem disapprove of smoking, drinking, & gambling.

He seemed unconvinced that any portion of the world, especially Canada,
would not have nationwide cell phone coverage. He seemed truly amazed when
I said the closest cell tower was 40-60 miles south of where I was camping.

He was additionally surprised that I might had the need for a hatchet while
camping and I would have the audacity to try to bring it back across the
border. When he repeatedly asked about firearms I eventually replied that I
had always found most Canadians to be really nice people and I did not think
I would need to carry a concealed weapon although Ohio law REQUIRES your
local County Sheriff to issue a State Concealed Carry Permit.

FYI to my Canadian friends: The 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution
guarantees the right of citizens to own and possess firearms. Ohio State law
guarantees you the right to carry it in a concealed manner and requires the
Sheriff to issue a State permit to that effect unless you are legally
ineligible to possess a weapon.

When he broadened his question to 'weapons' I freely offered that I had a
couple knives in the back. He did not seem interested in the knives, I
suppose he realized you might have need for a knife while camping (but not
an hatchet?). Looking back I am surprised by his lack of interest in the
knives. I had 1 -2 blade jack knife, 1 - 7 inch hunting knife, and 1 knife
I got from a French Legionnaire years ago that can be best described as a
'killing knife'.

He closed his booth and came inside the border station with me, I supposed
later that he was a pervert, in addition to being an idiot, and wanted in on
the body cavity search he expected to perform or witness.

The guys tossing the Jeep and the agent I spoke to inside found that all my
answers were consistent and truthful and the contents of camping equipment
and personal effects inside the Jeep were exactly what I had declared all
along.

Inventory:

2 coolers of which 1 was 12v electric (cannot use ice), 1 bag fresh fruit, 1
bag fresh vegetables, 1 sleeping bag, 1 blanket (an old comforter), 2 large
well used towels, a variety of rags, 1 small tent, 1 collapsible
chair-green, 1 propane stove, 1 propane 2 mantle lantern, 2 new and one used
1# propane cylinders, one stainless steel 3 quart pot with lid, 2 sets
stainless steel flatware (knife, fork, & spoon), 1 stainless steel spatula,
1 pack plastic bowls-cereal size, 1 'camping' style fork (for grilling
hotdogs), 1 - 5 gallon plastic bucket (empty), 1 open bottle dish soap, 1
open bottle liquid hand/body soap, 1 deck playing cards with Canadian Flag
emblem (souvenir), one rain poncho, 1 roll paper towels, 1 (opened) 4 pack
toilet paper, 1 Kodak DX3600 digital camera, 1 'spool' of approximately 50
'homemade' music CDs, 1 Cincinnati Bell Nokia 6110 GPRS cell phone with car
charger, 4 pack alkaline AA batteries - sealed, 4 rechargeable Ni-metal AA
batteries and car charger unit (2 batteries were in the camera), 1 - 5
gallon plastic (partially filled) water jerry can, 1 small 12v air
compressor and tire puncture repair kit, 1 plastic tool box with assorted
tools, 1 2" x 20' nylon tow strap, 1 9'x12' tarp, 1 12'x20' plastic ground
sheet, assorted coils of rope, cord and bungee cord, 2 cans Deet containing
bug spray, 2 paper back books (Margaret Truman's "Murder at the CIA" and " a
book of the history of the English occupation of Ireland and the IRA), 1
duffle bag of clothing consisting of 1 GI style cotton sweat suit, 1 pair
blue jeans, 4 pair shorts, 2 swimsuits, several sets tee-shirts and
underwear, a large collection of white and gray socks (he did not appreciate
my story if I do not take very good care of my feet that they succumb it
jungle-rot even after all these years), 1 pair shoes, 1 plastic bag of dirty
clothing, 1 shaving/dental kit, 1 bag properly labeled medications (I threw
all the contents of my medicine cabinet into a black nylon zipper bag - I am
middle age and I have an agreement with my doctor that if I watch my diet
(fat and salt) I will not have to take the medicines my father and brothers
take. As I was somewhat restricted to fresh fruit and vegetables and
healthy food I took the meds along just in case), 1 First Aid Kit in an
water-tight .50 cal ammo box. They did not ask why I had a MDV of 1%
Lidocaine, 4 ampules Adrenalin, syringes, suture sets, scissors, and forceps
(regular & curved diamond tipped), plastic airway, bite blocks, cloth and
latex tourniquets, bandages, sling, BP cuff and stethoscope, etc.

They made no mention that almost all of the equipment was clearly labeled
with my name or the 12v battery powered cooler that had an permanently
affixed plate with my elder brother's name, address, and phone number.

They were VERY concerned with the food I was carrying. The contents of the
coolers included (in the ice chest) 1/2 gallon skim milk, 1/2 gallon sugar
free lemonade, 1 open jar applesauce, 1 open jar mayonnaise (actually store
brand of Miracle Whip - they could have gotten me on falsification!), 1 open
bottle spicy mustard, 1 opened bottle ketchup, 1 pound bologna in Rubbermaid
container 1 pound sealed container Cotto-Salami, 2 sealed packs hot dogs, 2
pound of coleslaw in a Rubbermaid container , 1 container of a leftover
pasta dish in a Rubbermaid container 1 empty (used) Rubbermaid container
formerly holding leftover pasta dish, partial 12 pack diet soda (For years I
as the single parent of teenage daughters, very little in the house has
sugar or fat), 1 open bag fresh carrots, and 1 open bag fresh Granny Smith
apples) The 12v electric powered cooler had bread, buns, open container hot
dogs and lunchmeat, a head of lettuce, and a few cans of diet soda

FYI to my Canadian friends: Cotto-Salami is what they make with the
left-over bits from making hot dogs and bologna. The ingredients listed on
the label make Haggis sound appetizing.

The packaged goods included 1 opened box store brand Cheerios cereal, 2 cans
RTE bean and ham soup, 2 cans RTE chunky beef and potato soup, 1 - 12 pack
Ramen Noodles- chicken, a variety collection of canned goods including baked
beans, corn, mixed vegetables, and potatoes.

I also had a multi-pack of Lipton sugar free lemonade drink mix and 1 open
package (store brand) Oreo cookies.

But you won't hear me complain about the thorough inspection. Like I said in
the beginning I apparently do fit the undocumented 'raghead terrorist'
profile.

newsUFFe.20171$Eo.5655@fed1read04...

Old July 27th 05, 06:05 PM
Nathan W. Collier

"Billy Ray" > wrote in message
> Can you post the link?

the thread with the video link is at
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...7841012331/p/1 with my
response (and several video links) on page 35 of that thread.

Old July 27th 05, 06:09 PM
J Strickland

I wanna see ...

PS
I'm a TV Star too. I took the Pepsi Challenge 25 years ago, and they made a
TV commercial from it.

Old July 27th 05, 06:12 PM
Billy Ray

Thanks! it is D/Ling now.

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message
> "Billy Ray" > wrote in message
>> Can you post the link?

> the thread with the video link is at
> http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...7841012331/p/1 with
> my response (and several video links) on page 35 of that thread.
>
> --
> Nathan W. Collier
> http://InlineDiesel.com
> http://7SlotGrille.com
> http://UtilityOffRoad.com
> http://BighornRefrigeration.com

PING: dwpjr, topic drift... Was: What about Teddy? Paul Driving 2 May 24th 05 08:49 PM
ping gumby   whose ya daddy 96@ yahoo.com Ford Mustang 0 May 15th 05 01:23 AM
PiNg PiNg PiNg Laurie S Spike Ford Mustang 19 March 1st 05 10:55 PM
Ping: Jerry Bransford Chad Fraker Jeep 2 January 4th 05 02:45 AM
ping vs knock picaza Mazda 1 September 1st 04 01:04 AM