need 1979-85 cat-back system?

Old July 24th 05, 04:31 PM
itsfrom Click

Default need 1979-85 cat-back system?

now....don't laugh at me....maybe somebuddy could use this:

I bought a '85 4 cyl new......in '86 or so I bought a "turbo" cat-back
system.....the 'stang's been gone for 10 years but the system is still
hanging in the garage.

included: a "turbo" muffler (wow!!!), tailpipe with the dual chrome
tips. and lots of brackets, adaptors and clamps. I remember the system
was billed as fitting all Mustangs 4-6-8 from '79 to 85....remember that
the V8s didn't had separate exhuast outlets till '86 (I think), so the
dual chrome outlets on the driver side were the hot setup.

I'm in Mansfield, Ohio......if anybuddy could use it, let me know cuz it
doesn't look like I will!

ps: also gonna sell my 1979 Avanti with 19000 original miles - anybuddy
interested, ask for details.

Jim C

Old July 24th 05, 06:58 PM

IIRC, single exhaust was from 79-84. 85 had a 2 into 1 midpipe into 2
tailpipes I think. 85 definietly had two tailpipes, one on each side of
the car.