'93 LX 5.0 Cat-Back Suggestions

Old June 13th 05, 03:24 AM
Joe

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in
:

:

>>>They have a ton of music related DVD's. Here a link to their page
>>>on music DVD's:
>>>http://www.netflix.com/Genre?sgid=35...tr=LhcGenre355

>> Now that looks very interesting. I'll have to check this out
>> further. Nobody locally carries music videos (i.e., Clapton's
>> Crossroads) to rent - only movies and games. Of course, I can go
>> plop down $25 or more to buy them, but I'd rather preview them
>> first by renting.

> This is where the DVD burner pays off in spades.

Might be time to upgrade..

>>>If I didn't use Autocad and Civil Engineering software I might
>>>still be running a 486 processor.

>> LOL! I can get by with my P-III, but if I try to multitask, crash
>> and burn...

> I have fast computers but one problem I have run into is the
> operating system. There is one old civil engineering program I use
> that that will not run under Windows XP. I've tried everything and
> searched everywhere to find a work around. It's amazing how many
> companies have dropped support for Windows 98/ME. I recently set up
> a Windows ME computer at home and had a hell of a time finding
> drivers for some digitizers and plotters since I lost the original
> driver disks. Plus Microsoft is supposed to stop supporting Windows
> 9X this summer. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet eventually and
> learn to use the new software I havesitting around collecting dust.

C'mon Michael, don't be an old fart just yet. You have a good 8 years
or so to go.
Old June 13th 05, 05:19 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

:

:

>>>Now that looks very interesting. I'll have to check this out
>>>further. Nobody locally carries music videos (i.e., Clapton's
>>>Crossroads) to rent - only movies and games. Of course, I can go
>>>plop down $25 or more to buy them, but I'd rather preview them
>>>first by renting.

>>This is where the DVD burner pays off in spades.

> Might be time to upgrade..

>>>LOL! I can get by with my P-III, but if I try to multitask, crash
>>>and burn...

>>I have fast computers but one problem I have run into is the
>>operating system. There is one old civil engineering program I use
>>that that will not run under Windows XP. I've tried everything and
>>searched everywhere to find a work around. It's amazing how many
>>companies have dropped support for Windows 98/ME. I recently set up
>>a Windows ME computer at home and had a hell of a time finding
>>drivers for some digitizers and plotters since I lost the original
>>driver disks. Plus Microsoft is supposed to stop supporting Windows
>>9X this summer. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet eventually and
>>learn to use the new software I havesitting around collecting dust.
>>

> C'mon Michael, don't be an old fart just yet. You have a good 8 years
> or so to go.

It is such an investment of time to learn the software. In the next six
months I will be fully transitioned into doing land development and will
likely not engineer for fee anymore. I just need to limp along with my
old trusty software until the end of the year. I guess 50-55 is when
the old fart is supposed to emerge?
Old June 13th 05, 12:14 PM
dwight

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message

> It is such an investment of time to learn the software. In the next six
> months I will be fully transitioned into doing land development and will
> likely not engineer for fee anymore. I just need to limp along with my
> old trusty software until the end of the year. I guess 50-55 is when the
> old fart is supposed to emerge?

I was 39 when I bought TFrog (my 4th Mustang), and people who supposedly
knew me were saying that it was my midlife crisis. That brought on a bout of
Old Fartism.

I was about 45 when the basketball hoops went up out back of my house, and
TFrog's alarm was frequently set off by wayward basketballs. That brought
about an extended bout of Old Fartism.

I was 50 when I moved outta there and settled into the gentrified outer
circle of the far suburbs, and my Old Fartism is in full swing. I have no
time for screaming kids, punk-ass wannabes with ultraloud car stereos, and
just want to be left alone to tend to my groundskeeping.

I may have had Early Onset Old Fartism, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it
now.

dwight

Old June 13th 05, 12:41 PM
Joe

"dwight" > wrote in
:

> "Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message
>>
>> It is such an investment of time to learn the software. In the
>> next six months I will be fully transitioned into doing land
>> development and will likely not engineer for fee anymore. I just
>> need to limp along with my old trusty software until the end of the
>> year. I guess 50-55 is when the old fart is supposed to emerge?

> I was 39 when I bought TFrog (my 4th Mustang), and people who
> supposedly knew me were saying that it was my midlife crisis. That
> brought on a bout of Old Fartism.
>
> I was about 45 when the basketball hoops went up out back of my
> house, and TFrog's alarm was frequently set off by wayward
> basketballs. That brought about an extended bout of Old Fartism.
>
> I was 50 when I moved outta there and settled into the gentrified
> outer circle of the far suburbs, and my Old Fartism is in full
> swing. I have no time for screaming kids, punk-ass wannabes with
> ultraloud car stereos, and just want to be left alone to tend to my
> groundskeeping.
>
> I may have had Early Onset Old Fartism, but I'm enjoying the hell
> out of it now.
>
> dwight

Like dwight, I got my LX as my midlife crisis solution - it was right
before I turned 40. But I didn't consider myself an Old Fart yet.

I became an Old Fart when my son started laughing at me because I was
simply being me. But I've always remind him that my name is on the
title to the LX, so he'd better be nice to me. So far so good...
Old June 13th 05, 07:34 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

dwight wrote:
> "Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message
>
>>It is such an investment of time to learn the software. In the next six
>>months I will be fully transitioned into doing land development and will
>>likely not engineer for fee anymore. I just need to limp along with my
>>old trusty software until the end of the year. I guess 50-55 is when the
>>old fart is supposed to emerge?

> I was 39 when I bought TFrog (my 4th Mustang), and people who supposedly
> knew me were saying that it was my midlife crisis. That brought on a bout of
> Old Fartism.
>
> I was about 45 when the basketball hoops went up out back of my house, and
> TFrog's alarm was frequently set off by wayward basketballs. That brought
> about an extended bout of Old Fartism.
>
> I was 50 when I moved outta there and settled into the gentrified outer
> circle of the far suburbs, and my Old Fartism is in full swing. I have no
> time for screaming kids, punk-ass wannabes with ultraloud car stereos, and
> just want to be left alone to tend to my groundskeeping.
>
> I may have had Early Onset Old Fartism, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it
> now.

I still have the Mustang I bought new in 1989. I'm accused of being
unable to let go of my youth. I like to think of it as I'm still
immature. IMO, being too mature is highly over rated. The trouble is
that my body is becoming an old fart well before my state of mind.
Old June 13th 05, 07:37 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

Joe wrote:
> "dwight" > wrote in
> :
>

>>"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message
>>
>>>It is such an investment of time to learn the software. In the
>>>next six months I will be fully transitioned into doing land
>>>development and will likely not engineer for fee anymore. I just
>>>need to limp along with my old trusty software until the end of the
>>>year. I guess 50-55 is when the old fart is supposed to emerge?

>>I was 39 when I bought TFrog (my 4th Mustang), and people who
>>supposedly knew me were saying that it was my midlife crisis. That
>>brought on a bout of Old Fartism.
>>
>>I was about 45 when the basketball hoops went up out back of my
>>house, and TFrog's alarm was frequently set off by wayward
>>basketballs. That brought about an extended bout of Old Fartism.
>>
>>I was 50 when I moved outta there and settled into the gentrified
>>outer circle of the far suburbs, and my Old Fartism is in full
>>swing. I have no time for screaming kids, punk-ass wannabes with
>>ultraloud car stereos, and just want to be left alone to tend to my
>>groundskeeping.
>>
>>I may have had Early Onset Old Fartism, but I'm enjoying the hell
>>out of it now.
>>
>>dwight

> Like dwight, I got my LX as my midlife crisis solution - it was right
> before I turned 40. But I didn't consider myself an Old Fart yet.
>
> I became an Old Fart when my son started laughing at me because I was
> simply being me. But I've always remind him that my name is on the
> title to the LX, so he'd better be nice to me. So far so good...

Once he gets that engineering degree and becomes financially independent
he can laugh with without fear of reprisal.

I don't see a mid-life crisis in my future because I'm too immature to
think that deeply.
Old June 13th 05, 09:51 PM
Joe

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in
:

> Joe wrote:
>> "dwight" > wrote in
>> :

>>>I was 39 when I bought TFrog (my 4th Mustang), and people who
>>>supposedly knew me were saying that it was my midlife crisis. That
>>>brought on a bout of Old Fartism.
>>>
>>>I was about 45 when the basketball hoops went up out back of my
>>>house, and TFrog's alarm was frequently set off by wayward
>>>basketballs. That brought about an extended bout of Old Fartism.
>>>
>>>I was 50 when I moved outta there and settled into the gentrified
>>>outer circle of the far suburbs, and my Old Fartism is in full
>>>swing. I have no time for screaming kids, punk-ass wannabes with
>>>ultraloud car stereos, and just want to be left alone to tend to my
>>>groundskeeping.
>>>
>>>I may have had Early Onset Old Fartism, but I'm enjoying the hell
>>>out of it now.
>>>
>>>dwight

>> Like dwight, I got my LX as my midlife crisis solution - it was
>> right before I turned 40. But I didn't consider myself an Old Fart
>> yet.
>>
>> I became an Old Fart when my son started laughing at me because I
>> was simply being me. But I've always remind him that my name is on
>> the title to the LX, so he'd better be nice to me. So far so
>> good...

> Once he gets that engineering degree and becomes financially
> independent he can laugh with without fear of reprisal.

True! But that's still several years away. In the meantime...

> I don't see a mid-life crisis in my future because I'm too immature
> to think that deeply.

LOL! Now that I've past the midlife crisis angst, I'm seeing that the
memory is the next thing to go.
Old June 14th 05, 12:03 AM
Joe

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in
:

:

>>>Once he gets that engineering degree and becomes financially
>>>independent he can laugh with without fear of reprisal.

>> True! But that's still several years away. In the meantime...
>>

>>>I don't see a mid-life crisis in my future because I'm too immature
>>>to think that deeply.

>> LOL! Now that I've past the midlife crisis angst, I'm seeing that
>> the memory is the next thing to go.

> I was listening to an older guy talk about going senile recently and
> he made a good point. He said going senile isn't so bad. What
> other disease can you get that its symptoms make you forget that you
> have the disease? He had a point.

Exactly! I think I'm already experiencing it.
Old June 14th 05, 12:03 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

:

Old June 15th 05, 02:46 AM
dwight

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message
> dwight wrote:
>> "Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message
>>
>>>It is such an investment of time to learn the software. In the next six
>>>months I will be fully transitioned into doing land development and will
>>>likely not engineer for fee anymore. I just need to limp along with my
>>>old trusty software until the end of the year. I guess 50-55 is when the
>>>old fart is supposed to emerge?

>> I was 39 when I bought TFrog (my 4th Mustang), and people who supposedly
>> knew me were saying that it was my midlife crisis. That brought on a bout
>> of Old Fartism.
>>
>> I was about 45 when the basketball hoops went up out back of my house,
>> and TFrog's alarm was frequently set off by wayward basketballs. That
>> brought about an extended bout of Old Fartism.
>>
>> I was 50 when I moved outta there and settled into the gentrified outer
>> circle of the far suburbs, and my Old Fartism is in full swing. I have no
>> time for screaming kids, punk-ass wannabes with ultraloud car stereos,
>> and just want to be left alone to tend to my groundskeeping.
>>
>> I may have had Early Onset Old Fartism, but I'm enjoying the hell out of
>> it now.

> I still have the Mustang I bought new in 1989. I'm accused of being
> unable to let go of my youth. I like to think of it as I'm still
> immature. IMO, being too mature is highly over rated. The trouble is
> that my body is becoming an old fart well before my state of mind.

I keep the '93 because it fits. And it still makes me smile. If that's
immature, then fine; I make up for it in other areas.

My body may fail me over the coming years, but I swear I'm going to my grave
with a well-defined left leg.

dwight