Star crack now 4" long - worth fixing?

Old June 4th 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Dean

Default Star crack now 4" long - worth fixing?

Is it possible to fix a 4" long crack on a windscreen? Its on a land
rover disco, and those screens are expensive. Anyone fixed a crack
this size permanently?

Cheers,

Dean

Old June 4th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.

Dean wrote:
> Is it possible to fix a 4" long crack on a windscreen? Its on a land
> rover disco, and those screens are expensive. Anyone fixed a crack
> this size permanently?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dean

Replace the glass. That glass is also part of the safety system for the
vehicle and a repair of a crack that long is not likely to last long.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York
Old June 4th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Dan Youngquist

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007, Dean wrote:

> Is it possible to fix a 4" long crack on a windscreen? Its on a land
> rover disco, and those screens are expensive. Anyone fixed a crack
> this size permanently?

If you can live with the crack but want to keep it from growing, you can
stop-drill it. See my post in the thread " Windshield Repair Kits - do
they work well?"

-Dan