What rear end gear??

Old June 2nd 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mike Romain

Default What rear end gear??

Malibu81 wrote:
> On May 29, 1:08 pm, Mike Romain > wrote:
>> Malibu81 wrote:
>>> Flying brick huh , i like that! hahaha i dont know if i would wanna go
>>> over 85 in a jeep either, sounds pretty impressive though. i had tried
>>> a 4.56 with a nice posi unit and a pair of 9" slicks i think they were
>>> anyway. Launched it hard once and had to have it towed back to the
>>> garage, popped the cover and all kinds of springs and teeth and crap
>>> fell out hahaha. tooo much torque out of that little 406 i think. ?
>>> for ya, its really difficult for me to stage the car with the hand
>>> controls in it, its one lever that you pull down for the gas and press
>>> forward for the brakes. what would work better or whats the diff
>>> between "roll control and line lock?" im thinkin something like that
>>> would help alot.
>>> Thanx for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated.
>>> Brett B.

>> I know that hand unit you use, I have jockied cars around with them in.
>> The one I used had a twist grip I think for throttle and straight push
>> for brake.
>>
>> I would be thinking a line lock that had a thumb trigger. You can lock
>> the front and rear brakes independently that way also.
>>
>> I am under the impression the roll control is a rolling in reverse thing
>> for rookie clutch users?
>>
>> Mike
>> 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
>> 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
>> Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!
>> Jan/06http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2115147590
>> (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)- Hide quoted text -

> A twist grip would be awesome, like a motorcycle? that would be alot
> easier to stage, thanx for the tip i appreciate it.
> Brett B.

Yes, it was like a motorcycle twist grip. This unit would have been
sold in eastern Canada in the 70's. A friend's father had an industrial
accident and needed it.

You could do a mean 'brake stand' too easily if you didn't have the
coordination just right. LOL!

Mike
Old June 3rd 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Malibu81

On Jun 2, 8:28 am, Mike Romain > wrote:
> Malibu81 wrote:
> >> I know that hand unit you use, I have jockied cars around with them in.
> >> The one I used had a twist grip I think for throttle and straight push
> >> for brake.

> >> I would be thinking a line lock that had a thumb trigger. You can lock
> >> the front and rear brakes independently that way also.

> >> I am under the impression the roll control is a rolling in reverse thing
> >> for rookie clutch users?

> >> Mike
> >> 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
> >> 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
> >> Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view!
> >> Jan/06http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2115147590
> >> (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)- Hide quoted text -

> > A twist grip would be awesome, like a motorcycle? that would be alot
> > easier to stage, thanx for the tip i appreciate it.
> > Brett B.

> Yes, it was like a motorcycle twist grip. This unit would have been
> sold in eastern Canada in the 70's. A friend's father had an industrial
> accident and needed it.
>
> You could do a mean 'brake stand' too easily if you didn't have the
> coordination just right. LOL!
>
> Mike- Hide quoted text -

Mike, you dont happen to remember where he got it or a site perhaps
that would make them? sounds like that would be much easier for my
situation. I have searched and searched to no avail for this item or
anything loke it, maybe im just not user friendly when it comes to
computers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx again for your help.
Brett B.

C2 rear-end gear ratio? lib Corvette 4 January 10th 07 01:39 AM
Scuffed Pinion Gear (rear end) Larry Antique cars 0 March 21st 05 03:35 AM
Rear gear change in '91 5point0 Ford Mustang 5 February 11th 05 02:24 PM
rear diif. gear ratio RLGIRSCH 4x4 2 October 24th 04 05:04 PM
What Gear ratio Rear end? Jim Corvette 5 August 19th 04 02:52 PM