Mysterious Check Engine Light

Old November 9th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Kevin McMurtrie

Default Mysterious Check Engine Light

In article >,
"TeGGeR®" > wrote:

> jim beam > wrote in
> :
>
> > kevin wrote:
> >> well, of course, now that I've gone through all the trouble the car
> >> is not having the problem at the moment. So ill have to wait until
> >> tomorrow to check it, or maybe in a few hours. But thanks for the
> >> help so far, if nothing else that should be enough for me to work off
> >> of. i hate going to repair shops having no idea what im talking
> >> about.
> >>
> >> thanks
> >> kevin

> > the ecu will still store the code and flash it when the ignition is
> > on, so you can still read it.
> >

> The code is stored for a certain number of key-on cycles if the error does
> not recur, so check fast!

Do you have a reference for that?

My 05 HAH has been having a problem with the engine light flashing at
WOT since day one. It used to store the codes for misfiring. A few
software updates later, Honda claims that there are no stored codes when
I bring it in. I'm wondering what they changed in the software. Does
it no longer store codes for misfiring or does it erase the codes
sooner? My plan is to lemon-law the car for ongoing engine problems.
My 97 Civic HX was a terrific car but I have a big stack or repair
receipts for this HAH. Just yesterday the windshield cracked I
can't afford this car once the warranty is up.
Old November 9th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TeGGeR®

Kevin McMurtrie > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> "TeGGeR®" > wrote:
>

>> The code is stored for a certain number of key-on cycles if the error
>> does not recur, so check fast!

> Do you have a reference for that?
>
> My 05 HAH has been having a problem with the engine light flashing at
> WOT since day one.

I'm referring to the older non-OBD-II cars, like the OP's Integra.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old November 11th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TeGGeR®

jim beam > wrote in
t:

> MishaA wrote:
>> This light is there to tell you something is wrong with your engine.
>> Have your car serviced.
>>

> brilliant.

The light blinds me. Help.

Old November 11th 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
MishaA[_18_]

TeGGeR® Wrote:
> jim beam > wrote in
> t:
>
> > MishaA wrote:
> >> This light is there to tell you something is wrong with your engine.
> >> Have your car serviced.
> >>

> > brilliant.
> >

> The light blinds me. Help.
>

> --
> TeGGeR®
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> 'www.tegger.com/hondafaq/' (http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/)

Another puzzle for non-native speaker. Irony again?

--
MishaA
MishaA's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=469060

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old November 11th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TeGGeR®

MishaA > wrote in
:

> TeGGeR® Wrote:
>> jim beam > wrote in
>> t:

>> > brilliant.
>> >

>> The light blinds me. Help.
>>

> Another puzzle for non-native speaker. Irony again?

No iron-y here. Is all-aluminum. Honda, y'know.

Sorry. My joke (for those who missed it) played off jim's sarcastic
reply to MishaA's somewhat...silly...reply.

Old November 11th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
MishaA[_19_]

TeGGeR® Wrote:
> MishaA > wrote in
> :
>

> > TeGGeR® Wrote:
> >> jim beam > wrote in
> >> t:

> >> The light blinds me. Help.
> >>

> > Another puzzle for non-native speaker. Irony again?
> >

> No iron-y here. Is all-aluminum. Honda, y'know.
>
> Sorry. My joke (for those who missed it) played off jim's sarcastic
> reply to MishaA's somewhat...silly...reply.
>

> --
> TeGGeR®
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> 'www.tegger.com/hondafaq/' (http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/)

That kind of reply was given considering most probable level of car
knowledge and skills posessed by OP, based on his post. Not sure what
is silly about that.

Old November 11th 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TeGGeR®

MishaA > wrote in
:

> TeGGeR® Wrote:

>> Sorry. My joke (for those who missed it) played off jim's sarcastic
>> reply to MishaA's somewhat...silly...reply.
>>

>> --
>> TeGGeR®
>>
>> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
>> 'www.tegger.com/hondafaq/' (http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/)

> That kind of reply was given considering most probable level of car
> knowledge and skills posessed by OP, based on his post. Not sure what
> is silly about that.

Damn, son. Strip the sig when you reply.

Oh, wait, you're posting through a Web interface, not actual Usenet...