magnets on fuel line

Old July 18th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Eric Baber

Default magnets on fuel line

<snatches bottle from XS11E and takes an enormous swig - this must be potent
stuff, after all>

Old July 18th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2006-07-18, Lanny Chambers > wrote:
> In article >,
> XS11E > wrote:
>
>> Not another ignorant goat sacrificer? Don't you people know you have
>> to sacrifice sheep?

> Depends on the entity to whom you're making the sacrifice. If you trust
> in angels and other things that wear white robes, go ahead and try
> sheep. But if you want real results, draw that pentagram and round up
> some goats.

But not until after they're finished eating dry underbrush in
what I thought was a rather amusing attempt to control wildfires.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! .. I want FORTY-TWO
at TRYNEL FLOATATION SYSTEMS
Old July 18th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Eric Baber" > wrote in
:

> <snatches bottle from XS11E and takes an enormous swig - this must
> be potent stuff, after all>

Not my work, did you see the "Witten by Benjum, Prophet of Boojum"
part?

You can see more of this guy's particular dementia he

http://www2.arkansas.net/~sws1/

Browse around and you might read about a sad experience with....

Another Broken Gun

http://www2.arkansas.net/~sws1/heck-kot.htm

The guy is really weird but he can write pretty doggone well!

Personally, I don't think he's weird enough to think that putting
magnets on the fuel line would help anything....

Old July 18th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

XS11E wrote:
> Lanny Chambers wrote:
>> Depends on the entity to whom you're making the sacrifice.

> The great Boojum, of course.
>
> Boojum - (aka Boojum-Under-The-Rock) is the One True God(tm), all other
> gods are utterly false, and all other religions are crap.

(snippage)

Actually, I prefer the Flying Spaghetti Monster
http://www.venganza.org/index.htm

Our heaven is way cooler than yours. <g>

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old July 18th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
barry

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:29:57 -0400, Nobody >
wrote:

>Barry, you have too much "coolant" in your cooling system
>
>the water is what removes the heat,
>the coolant protects the engine from the water
>
>and you are getting less airflow because of the blockage of the front plate
>
>1. more water, less coolant in your next replacement (to 70-80% water)
>
>2. bend the plate corners to direct some air flow rather than flat to the
>wind /\
>
>3. get one of those swing up license plate mounts (diy now ? (see
>miata.net))

i *am* contemplating that. i've seen them before.

>4. mount the plate higher than the opening
> -old solution was bend it up and store on dash

<lol> but since i never attach the top except when it rains sometimes
(if you keep moving you actually stay relatively dry), it'd be too
easy to lose.

>5. move to a less dracionian nanny state

eh, i kinda like it here otherwise - i did manage to go for 8 years
w/o the front plate before i finally got busted. the funny thing is
that i got it as a parking violation downtown - and not cited during
any of my moving violations.

to all: thanks to those who provided courteous replies. while the
consenus was that this can't possibly work, *something* influenced the
mileage improvement and it *wasn't* a change in driving habits. and
no one has access to my garage so as to add fuel to the gas tank
without my knowledge! it's something i'd consider doing to someone
else under similar circumstances.

>from nowhere
>
>barry > wrote:
>>i should mention that i recently replaced the front license
>>plate - have driven without it for eight years, finally got a
>>(parking!) ticket, and the outside temperature has been in the 90's &
>>100's most of the time - which i though might be a factor, but i've
>>seen the temperature come back down to normal while at a dead
>>standstill while cranking on the heat full blast.

"i can spell. i just can't type."
Old July 19th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
tooloud

barry wrote:
> i recently added a magnetic system to my 1990

<snip>

No.

--
tooloud
Remove nothing to reply

Old July 19th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Fabiano

You need to degauss the magnets and reverse polarize them. Then, for
your cooling problem, flip the thermostat upside-down and the engine
should run cooler. If you notice a further increase in mileage and a
cooler running engine, you should try self-trepanation. Learn more at:

http://www.socrepsoc.com/trep.html

Old July 19th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carbon[_1_]

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:37:39 -0400, Iva wrote:

> Actually, I prefer the Flying Spaghetti Monster
> http://www.venganza.org/index.htm
>
> Our heaven is way cooler than yours. <g>

I too have been touched by His Noodly Appendage. How else could I have
found my mint 04 Miataspeed the very day it showed up at the dealer?
Old July 20th 06, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
McMahon

"Iva" > wrote in message ...

> Actually, I prefer the Flying Spaghetti Monster
> http://www.venganza.org/index.htm

I have my FSM T-Shirt on as I write this. Xmas present from my 15-yr-old.
She's a big FSM fan. Really bugs her godsey pals.

You know, Iva, instead of angels, the FSM has ... PIRATES. Yeah. Really,
big, mean pirates who guard him and stuff.

FSM lives in a resort in the clouds, sorta like, uh, Las Vegas but ...
Better. And you don't have to die to go there. He can just, like, take you
up there. Whenever.

Steve McMahon
Green JRSC '00LS

Old July 20th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
McMahon

>> i recently added a magnetic system to my 1990 (approaching

> That's utter crap. The phrase "magnetize something positively"
> or "magnetize something negatively" is meaningless in this
> context. It may be possible to mathematically describe such a
> condition, since magnetic monopoles do appear to be predicted
> by some GUTs, but they doesn't exist the the physical world.
>
> Magnetic monopoles _do_not_exist_ in any practical terms.

Uh - *L-E-O-N*!!!

We need you in here.

Explain it to us.

Thanks.