IAT Sensor location 94 explorer?

Old March 14th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default IAT Sensor location 94 explorer?

Hi everyone. I have a 94 EB Explorer 4x4. I have a haynes manual
that saids I have a IAT Sensor in my air intake assembly.

I cannot find this and also noticed the picture in the haynes manual
that is supposed to be my explorer is not accurate because my battery
is on the passenger side unlike the picture which shows it on the
driver side.

Do I have a IAT ???

Thanks,

Sam in Raleigh.
Old March 14th 06, 05:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

What's an IAT? Intake Air Temp? If so, I have never heard of it
before. There is the MAF sensor there.

Old March 14th 06, 12:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:52:57 -0700, Ashton Crusher >
wrote:

>What's an IAT? Intake Air Temp? If so, I have never heard of it
>before. There is the MAF sensor there.

Yeah that is what I am seeing. The Haynes manual shows a Inlet Air
Temperature sensor on the tubing of the air intake.

Guess it was a mistake by Haynes. I see mods to connect to the IAT
that fool the computer into thinking the temp is different thus
causing the computer to alter the fuel air ration etc...supposed to be
a performance mod.

Sam in Raleigh.

Old March 25th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Not sure what an IAT sensor is. Do you mean IAC valve?
Here is a website describing a fix for the IAC valve that has lots of
pictures of this part that might help.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/i...r_IAC_Fix.html

=Vic=
Bear Gap, PA

Old March 26th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

IAT .... Inlet Air Temperature

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 08:46:06 -0500, "Vic Klein"
> wrote:

>Not sure what an IAT sensor is. Do you mean IAC valve?
>Here is a website describing a fix for the IAC valve that has lots of
>pictures of this part that might help.
>http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/i...r_IAC_Fix.html
>
>=Vic=
>Bear Gap, PA

.. .

Old March 26th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Sam, are you sure that's not Intake Air Temperature sensor?

Steven

Old March 27th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

YES YES that is what I have been trying to spit out over the last
couple of post. The service manual saids I have one however I cannot
find it. Do you know where it is on 94 EB 4x4 4.0litre Engine VIN X .

Thanks
Sam in Raleigh.

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 19:41:03 GMT, Steven Hilgendorf

Old March 29th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default IAT and mysterious coolant leak update.

Well I think I found the location of the sensor. After many hints
from many users I have located what I believe to be the IAT on my 94
Explorer 4.0L Pushrod V6.

I finally found a diagram that shows the location being on the upper
intake assembly towards the firewall on the driver side. I have a
Service Manual from Ford that states that as the location in addition
to the same manual saying it is elsewhere. What a headache it was but
now I am sure of the location. I also have found out that I have
heated o2 sensors on the lower intake manifold which was a surprise.

I also wanted to post an update to the mysterious coolant leak I have
been experiencing over the last year. The coolant leaves no drips
anywhere so it is obviously being sucked up in the engine.
I have posted about this many times.
Well two weeks ago I went ahead and tightened the lower intake
manifold bolts. I did notice a difference in the engine however the
coolant loss is still there.
I planned on replacing the intake manifold gaskets last week but do to
a brake emergency that required me to replace the both rotors, both
calipers, and pads I put off the intake manifold until the upcoming
weekend. The brakes are awesome now and it gave me a chance to see in
person the front wheel 4wheel drive hardware as I had to pull the
front wheel bearings and cam assemblies off to perform that job.

Anyway I hope the intake manifold job goes okay. I have all the parts
I need and will embark on the manifold this weekend.

Later.

Sam in Raleigh.