Fender Flares...again...

Old July 4th 05, 01:58 AM
Jerry Slaughter

Default Fender Flares...again...

Hey gang!

Just thought I would share my weekend project results with those that are
always looking for some way to refresh those tired and faded fender flares.
I know Bill...real Jeeps aren't supposed to have them, but mine does...lol.

I decided to try the new Fusion Spray paint that is supposed to be for
plastic. I bought 2 cans of satin black, a container of oderless mineral
spirits and had at it. Took most ofthe afternoon, about an hour per wheel.
Removed the flares, scrubbed down with soap and water, dried, adn then
cleaned with the mineral spirits. Let them set for about 15 minutes then
applied the paint. It goes on really well, no drips or runs. Let them dry
for 20 minutes and put on a second coat. After that dried re-attached to teh
Jeep.

I gotta say, they look really good! The test will be how long it lasts.

Stay safe!

Jerry Slaughter
99 TJ Sport

Old July 4th 05, 04:32 AM

Jerry,
It looks like new even 2 years later.......

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...9b60b7cda1681f

Regards,

Guri Sandhu

fender flares Dave Jeep 14 June 25th 05 05:49 AM
Fender Flares alex d Jeep 7 February 22nd 05 03:20 AM
Fender flare opinions Dennis Cox Jeep 4 February 4th 05 03:02 AM
Can you buy a lf fender of civic root Honda 3 January 7th 05 04:33 PM
FS: 1951 Chevy Parts Deluxe Fender Chrome, 51-52 Fender Skirts Etc! jack Antique cars 0 October 21st 03 03:05 AM