2001 SL2 Sunroof assembly needed...what do I do?

Old April 26th 05, 06:49 PM
Me

Default 2001 SL2 Sunroof assembly needed...what do I do?

Hi all, just came from a Saturn dealership...I have an SL-2, and the
sunroof is broken and I need a totally new assembly. They quoted me a
price of $1006 to replace everything, which of course I'm not going to
pay. They did close it for me so I'm OK in that regard.

Now, what I need to know is are they any options for me? From what I
understand the price from Saturn for the assembly is around $800.
Somebody mentioned going to a junkyard, the only problem is I don't
know the first thing about taking out a sunroof...so can anybody here
help me? I really want to be able to open the sunroof but I don't want
to pay $1006 for that. If you can help me out please email me at
If by chance somebody has that part, please let
me know. thanks!

Tom