IAT on 94 4.0l Pushrod V6 VIN X

Old March 30th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default IAT on 94 4.0l Pushrod V6 VIN X

Sam > wrote in message
> rect.
> >

> >> Thanks for you reply. I welcome anyone with any more facts reference
> >> the IAT Sensor location on my 94 4.0l Pushrod V6.

> >Does this read 4.0 "one" or 4.0 "L" ? If it is a 4.0"one" then it may be
> >different but the usual designation for this engine is 4.0L.

> The font on my newsgroup reader indicates l as a lowercase "L". It
> designates 1 as such. I am used to my font. Sorry if you caught it
>

> You are as anal as I am and that is a good thing because it is the
> tiny details that are usually overlooked and can sometimes turn out to
> be the biggest factors! It is great to a does of my own medicine!!
>
> Thanks
>
> Sam in Raleigh.

I wasn't trying to be "anal" as you call it, just making sure it's the same
engine. If it was software 4.01 would be a different version ;-)

I know there were a few minor changes from '91 to '92 because I have one of
each but it seems unlikely they would move the IAT sensor on the '94.

Old March 31st 06, 05:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Hey nothing mean or vulgar was meant by what I said. I appreciate you
helping me by replying.
Your reply just made me laugh kind of since I found your answer to be
correct and I was in error which is something that I do sometimes and
mean nothing by it.
I hope you take it in the spirit in which it was intended.

Thanks for your input and I look forward to chatting with you in the
future.

Old April 1st 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Huh? Sorry if I sounded offended--I wasn't. I've been called a lot of
things and being called "anal" certainly isn't one of the worst ;-)

I am somewhat of a recluse and I don't watch TV, listen to radios, or read
the newspaper or magazines so some popular expressions are not familiar to
me.

The main thing here is that we all get our Explorers fixed and running
properly.