I got my 2nd speeding ticket. What should I do?

Old December 6th 04, 02:06 PM
Harry K

truckinsp wrote:
> >Somehow I doubt your knowledge of MT and its "experiment". AFAIK
> >there was no "experiment". They had 'resonable and..." long before
> >the 55 limit was institued. My first pass through MT was 1956 and

it
> >was that way then, remained so until the 55. During the 55 until

they
> >were forced to change it was still basically 'r&p' except you could
> >for speeding under the 55. A for 'no long wide open roads..."

What,
> >never been in the eastern half??

> >Harry K

> Yea, I have....have you ever gone from Billings to Hardin in a snow

storm???
> or better yet, come back the other way??? I have... tell me about

Pryor
> hill....
>
> You ever go from Billings to Miles City when the snow is coming at

you
> sideways? I have.
>
> You ever driven from Poplar to Livingston? I have....
>
> You ever driven from Bozeman to Big Timber in 70 mph winds?? I

have....

> You ever driven from Great Falls to Wolf Point? I have....
>
> Don't try to tell me about MT....I grew up there......
>
> Just because you may have crossed MT on a few nice hot summer days

doesn't
> tell you a THING about that state.....
>
> And YES, it WAS an experiment.....the "reasonable and prudent" of the

50's
> had NOTHING to do with the road conditions that exist in MT today or

the
> amount of people crossing the state today.....

I was addressing your very incorrect statement that there are no long
open roads in MT. What, do they disappear in winter? Or are yhou
trying to weasel that roads are not 'open' in bad weather? I have made
more than a 'few' trips through there and may (probably do) have more
miles driving the northern tier in all seasons than you do. Any one
who claims that there are no long open stretches in MT looses a lot of
credibility.

Harry K

Harry K

Old December 6th 04, 02:09 PM
Harry K

I should have added that I am in for surgery tomorrow so may not be
posting for about a week. I hope both these posted. Google is acting
like it still needs some tweaking.

Harry K

Old December 6th 04, 02:11 PM
truckinsp

>I was addressing your very incorrect statement that there are no long
>open roads in MT. What, do they disappear in winter? Or are yhou
>trying to weasel that roads are not 'open' in bad weather? I have made
>more than a 'few' trips through there and may (probably do) have more
>miles driving the northern tier in all seasons than you do. Any one
>who claims that there are no long open stretches in MT looses a lot of
>credibility.

>Harry K

What do you consider a LONG OPEN stretch????? a few miles??????.....and on
those so called long open stretches, did you notice that there are hazards
to worry about, like the wind?????

You are wasting your time trying to tell me about all the miles you've
driven in MT.....I've spent a lot of time on MT highways in the past......I
don't think there is a MT highway I haven't driven......

Tell me WHERE you found these LONG OPEN STRETCHES and how long they
were.....remember, I'm from MT.....25 miles of straight highway doesn't
impress me....

Old December 6th 04, 02:11 PM
truckinsp

Old December 6th 04, 02:13 PM
Nate Nagel

truckinsp wrote:

>>I was addressing your very incorrect statement that there are no long
>>open roads in MT. What, do they disappear in winter? Or are yhou
>>trying to weasel that roads are not 'open' in bad weather? I have made
>>more than a 'few' trips through there and may (probably do) have more
>>miles driving the northern tier in all seasons than you do. Any one
>>who claims that there are no long open stretches in MT looses a lot of
>>credibility.

>>Harry K

> What do you consider a LONG OPEN stretch????? a few miles??????.....and on
> those so called long open stretches, did you notice that there are hazards
> to worry about, like the wind?????
>
> You are wasting your time trying to tell me about all the miles you've
> driven in MT.....I've spent a lot of time on MT highways in the past......I
> don't think there is a MT highway I haven't driven......
>
> Tell me WHERE you found these LONG OPEN STRETCHES and how long they
> were.....remember, I'm from MT.....25 miles of straight highway doesn't
> impress me....

If 25 miles of straight highway doesn't qualify as somewhere it would
bhe safe to drive at speeds higher than 65 MPH or whatever the speed
limit there is now, I don't know what does. Certainly highways in MT
are probably *more straight* than the Autobahnen in Germany.

Of course, this is all under ideal conditions - I don't think that it
should be necessary to include that disclaimer, but there's always one
person...

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old December 6th 04, 02:13 PM
Nate Nagel

Old December 6th 04, 02:14 PM
truckinsp

>Tell me WHERE you found these LONG OPEN STRETCHES and how long they
>were.....remember, I'm from MT.....25 miles of straight highway doesn't
>impress me....

There are CONSIDERABLE more long open stretches in the state I live in
now......and a LOT more traffic.....and a LOT more traffic crashes....

Old December 6th 04, 02:14 PM
truckinsp

Old December 6th 04, 02:35 PM
truckinsp

>If 25 miles of straight highway doesn't qualify as somewhere it would
>bhe safe to drive at speeds higher than 65 MPH or whatever the speed
>limit there is now, I don't know what does. Certainly highways in MT
>are probably *more straight* than the Autobahnen in Germany.

The speed limit in MT is 75 on interstates, 70 on primaries ..........and
the median speed in MT is STILL below that....go figure....guess Montanans
know something about their roads that you don't.....

Traffic Ticket in Toronto HDR BMW 17 December 7th 04 03:08 AM
Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response [email protected] Corvette 0 October 9th 04 05:56 PM
And I thought my ticket for 93 in a 40 limit was bad Rufio Corvette 2 September 26th 04 03:36 AM