Texting Driver who killed women gets measly 6 years in prison

Old April 5th 09, 07:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Texting Driver who killed women gets measly 6 years in prison

Which means she'll be out in 2 or 3 years. She deserved life in prison. Why
do we coddle these highway killers?

http://www.news10.net/news/local/sto...=57342&catid=2

April 4,2009

REDDING, Calif. (AP) -- A woman who crashed into a line of stopped vehicles
while text-messaging on her cell phone has been sentenced to six years in a
California prison for killing a woman in one of the vehicles.

Deborah Matis-Engle was sentenced Friday by a judge in Redding.

Investigators said Deborah Matis-Engle was speeding and text messaging when
she slammed into the vehicles stopped at a construction zone in August
2007.

Shasta County prosecutor Stephanie Bridgett said the 49-year-old woman had
paid several bills by cell phone in the moments before the crash.

She was in the middle of one of those transactions when she struck a
vehicle that burst into flames, killing 46-year-old Petra Winn.

Defense attorney Jeffrey Stotter said he will appeal.
Old April 7th 09, 05:39 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
tagline

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 13:13:19 -0500, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS" > wrote:

>Which means she'll be out in 2 or 3 years. She deserved life in prison. Why
>do we coddle these highway killers?
>
>http://www.news10.net/news/local/sto...=57342&catid=2
>
>April 4,2009
>
>REDDING, Calif. (AP) -- A woman who crashed into a line of stopped vehicles
>while text-messaging on her cell phone has been sentenced to six years in a
>California prison for killing a woman in one of the vehicles.
>
>Deborah Matis-Engle was sentenced Friday by a judge in Redding.
>
>Investigators said Deborah Matis-Engle was speeding and text messaging when
>she slammed into the vehicles stopped at a construction zone in August
>2007.
>
>Shasta County prosecutor Stephanie Bridgett said the 49-year-old woman had
>paid several bills by cell phone in the moments before the crash.
>
>She was in the middle of one of those transactions when she struck a
>vehicle that burst into flames, killing 46-year-old Petra Winn.
>
>Defense attorney Jeffrey Stotter said he will appeal.

Aint got nothing on the 18 year old woman from Mill Valley, CA who
killed four bicyclists by driving right over them, while she was
looking for a CD and driving a big Chevy Blazer 4X4 SUV.

She only got 5 years license revoked, 10 years probation and 300 hours
of work program picking up trash, I kid you not.

This was over ten years ago so that bitch is out there on the roads
again at 29 or 30 year old, while four people are still dead.
Old April 8th 09, 05:34 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

tagline > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 13:13:19 -0500, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
> MURDERERS" > wrote:
>

>>Which means she'll be out in 2 or 3 years. She deserved life in
>>prison. Why do we coddle these highway killers?
>>
>>http://www.news10.net/news/local/sto...=57342&catid=2
>>
>>April 4,2009
>>
>>REDDING, Calif. (AP) -- A woman who crashed into a line of stopped
>>vehicles while text-messaging on her cell phone has been sentenced to
>>six years in a California prison for killing a woman in one of the
>>vehicles.
>>
>>Deborah Matis-Engle was sentenced Friday by a judge in Redding.
>>
>>Investigators said Deborah Matis-Engle was speeding and text messaging
>>when she slammed into the vehicles stopped at a construction zone in
>>August 2007.
>>
>>Shasta County prosecutor Stephanie Bridgett said the 49-year-old woman
>>had paid several bills by cell phone in the moments before the crash.
>>
>>She was in the middle of one of those transactions when she struck a
>>vehicle that burst into flames, killing 46-year-old Petra Winn.
>>
>>Defense attorney Jeffrey Stotter said he will appeal.

> Aint got nothing on the 18 year old woman from Mill Valley, CA who
> killed four bicyclists by driving right over them, while she was
> looking for a CD and driving a big Chevy Blazer 4X4 SUV.
>
> She only got 5 years license revoked, 10 years probation and 300 hours
> of work program picking up trash, I kid you not.
>
> This was over ten years ago so that bitch is out there on the roads
> again at 29 or 30 year old, while four people are still dead.

That's awful but probably the worst example of coddling highway killers
is the way former first lady laura bush blew a stop sign and killed a
man. NOTHING was done to her and when she got in the WH, the
"journalists" agreed to not talk about it.!!
Old April 9th 09, 07:10 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Tom[_23_]

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message .70...

> That's awful but probably the worst example of coddling highway killers
> is the way former first lady laura bush blew a stop sign and killed a
> man. NOTHING was done to her and when she got in the WH, the
> "journalists" agreed to not talk about it.!!

Then there's good old Joe Biden. He further ruins an innocent truck driver
for life by accusing him of drinking & causing his wife's death instead of
blaming the dumb bitch for pulling out in front of the oncoming truck. No
citations were given to the truck driver & no alcohol or drugs were present
in his blood system. But does good ole Joe Hair-Plugs resend his statement
or apologize? Hell no, he's a politician, it doesn't bother him to ruin
lives.

Tom

Old April 13th 09, 07:46 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Michael Snyder

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> Which means she'll be out in 2 or 3 years. She deserved life in prison. Why
> do we coddle these highway killers?

6 years is the average sentence for a woman who murders her
husband (10 years shorter than the average for a man who murders
his wife). Why do we coddle these...

Oh -- just answered my own question, eh?