Accord courtesy bulb replacement

Old October 21st 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave[_34_]

Default Accord courtesy bulb replacement

I have a 2004 Accord EX which has a map/courtesy bulb burned out - I guess,
since it doesn't work now

how is the lens removed to replace the bulb? just by prying on the lens
like I used to do for my Taurus ? and then snap it back in to the grooves
after the bulb replacement?

while I'm asking about this, I might as well ask if you know the bulb
number, although I can probably find that in the book.

thanks.
Dave.

Old October 22nd 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

Dave wrote:
> I have a 2004 Accord EX which has a map/courtesy bulb burned out - I guess,
> since it doesn't work now
>
> how is the lens removed to replace the bulb? just by prying on the lens
> like I used to do for my Taurus ? and then snap it back in to the grooves
> after the bulb replacement?
>
> while I'm asking about this, I might as well ask if you know the bulb
> number, although I can probably find that in the book.
>
> thanks.
> Dave.

----------------------------------

If you admit you have the BOOK, it will tell you how to get the lens off
/ bulb out. The number is on the bulb.

'Curly'
Old October 22nd 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave[_34_]

well. the BOOK I was referring to was the Owner's Manual - I just went
through it again and the only bulb changing info it shows is for headlights,
taillights and side lights (exterior)

I know the number is usually on the bulb...
but if it's a small bulb, .....

Old October 22nd 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Howard Lester[_1_]

"motsco_" wrote

> If you admit you have the BOOK, it will tell you how to get the lens off /
> bulb out. The number is on the bulb.

It's unfortunate the owner's manual shows nothing for courtesy light
replacement -- unless it's because the work involved isn't user friendly...
? It's certainly not obvious, as I had tried to do the same for my 2004
Accord EX, and couldn't figure it out. Fortunately my dealer's service
manager replaced it for free, even though the car's warranty had just
recently expired.

Old October 23rd 07, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jbourgeois

Recently I had asked about replacing a clock light. What ended up happening
was that I took the car to the dealer, who replaced the bulb without
charging for labor. It cost $2. Perhaps you could try the same thing...

/

Old October 23rd 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Bob Jones

"Dave" > wrote in message
.. .
>I have a 2004 Accord EX which has a map/courtesy bulb burned out - I guess,
>since it doesn't work now
>
> how is the lens removed to replace the bulb? just by prying on the lens
> like I used to do for my Taurus ? and then snap it back in to the grooves
> after the bulb replacement?
>
> while I'm asking about this, I might as well ask if you know the bulb
> number, although I can probably find that in the book.

Yes, sir. You can pry the lens open with a small screwdriver.

Old October 24th 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave[_34_]

thanks to everyone who replied - I got the instruction sheet for replacing
the fixture, so it included removing the lens and bulb - I also got the
bulb - turns out prying out the lens was the method but I would have tried
prying at one of the hinge pins whereas they say to pry at the hinge side.

Dave.

"Howard Lester" > wrote in message
> "motsco_" wrote
>
>> If you admit you have the BOOK, it will tell you how to get the lens off
>> / bulb out. The number is on the bulb.

> It's unfortunate the owner's manual shows nothing for courtesy light
> replacement -- unless it's because the work involved isn't user
> friendly... ? It's certainly not obvious, as I had tried to do the same
> for my 2004 Accord EX, and couldn't figure it out. Fortunately my dealer's
> service manager replaced it for free, even though the car's warranty had
> just recently expired.

156 Headlight bulb replacement Bill[_9_] Alfa Romeo 19 October 16th 06 07:14 PM
'03 accord bulb replacement etessman Honda 0 March 20th 06 08:54 PM
01 Fog Light Bulb Replacement [email protected] Ford Mustang 1 November 20th 05 04:37 PM
Fog light bulb replacement Scott BMW 1 June 8th 05 08:35 PM
84-89 Digital Bulb Replacement n Corvette 3 August 25th 04 08:27 PM