Target Price for 2008 Accord

Old October 10th 07, 08:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default Target Price for 2008 Accord

My 1999 Camry is dying a slow, painful death and I need to buy a new
car. Like the new Accords (especially the cloth seats on the EX!) and
I'm wondering what my "target price" should be. It's a bit difficult
at this time of year, since websites like Edmond's have not
accumulated enough experience to give any recommendations.

Specifically, I'm looking for a manual, EX and am wondering if
shooting for $1,000 below MSRP is at all reasonable (or wishful
thinking....)

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Old October 11th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Art[_1_]

You share your uncertainty with the dealers who probably want to get a few
on the road. Most people look to pay invoice for a few hundred over but on
a new car if it becomes popular they could go for list or more (Check out
the Civic on Edmunds).

oups.com...

Old October 12th 07, 01:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

If you can wait until Dec, you might be able to get the car at about
$500 over invoice. Most dealerships are not going to budge off of MSRP
since it is a new model and the model is still only a month old. I was
lucky as we have five Honda dealers around this area and was able to
get an EX for $1000 over invoice. Try calling around and getting
dealers to compete for your money.

Good Luck

Old October 21st 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

I'm getting quotes of about $700-800 over invoice here in SoCal.