Trouble "Big Trouble"

Old May 27th 05, 12:08 PM
AndrewLooby

Default Trouble "Big Trouble"

Hi all,

This is my first time on this site.I drive a 02 156 and a few weeks ago
the timing belt went..It cost me 1.500 euro the get it sorted.I had it
back only two weeks when the car stoped dead again on the road.m now told
that I need a new engine.It seems the water pump broke and the engine is
now no good and can't be repaired?
I owe 15,ooo on the car and have no where to turn..What can i do? Does
anyone know where i might get a second hand 1.6 petrol engine for a 156 in
Ireland.Im at the moment wondering even where get a car to drive to work.I
ready to cry.

Rgds

AL

Old May 27th 05, 08:04 PM
alfistagj

Sorry to hear that.
Can't you claim anyone?
Or didn't you perform the regualr maintenance?
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"AndrewLooby" > schreef in bericht
lkaboutautos.com...

Old May 29th 05, 11:30 AM
Graeme Cosgrove

alfistagj wrote:
> Sorry to hear that.
> Can't you claim anyone?
> Or didn't you perform the regualr maintenance?

If it's a 02 shouldn't it be covered by warranty anyway?

Old May 29th 05, 04:25 PM
alfistagj

"Graeme Cosgrove" > schreef in bericht
> If it's a 02 shouldn't it be covered by warranty anyway?

Only when regularly maintained

Old June 4th 05, 10:25 AM
mike u via CarKB.com

Full sympathy - the water pump impellor shaft sheared on my '99 156 whilst
I was motorway driving - by the time I had managed to stop the engine had
overheated so badly it was a question of either new heads or recon engine -
pricey! Still, I now have a beautifully running recon engine and clutch -
only problem is some sod has now run into the back of me

Old June 23rd 05, 10:22 PM
AndrewLooby

I'm down about 3,500 euro but I'm happy to report that my car is now
running like a dream with an Engine I brought in from the UK with only 16k
on the clock.

Old June 23rd 05, 10:33 PM
Pete

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:22:51 -0400, "AndrewLooby" >,
wrote:

>I'm down about 3,500 euro but I'm happy to report that my car is now
>running like a dream with an Engine I brought in from the UK with only 16k
>on the clock.

Glad to hear that you are mobile again.
I am still very glad it was not me having to find 2,320 GBP

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso

How to basicially read OBDll Standardized Diagnostic Trouble codes Steve Honda 0 March 20th 05 06:00 AM
OT - OBD2 Trouble Codes Jeff Strickland Jeep 1 December 29th 04 06:28 AM
trouble codes Ron Jeep 4 December 24th 04 04:19 AM
new vette! (For me) got trouble codes jameson Corvette 6 September 29th 04 04:37 AM
Tranny Trouble codes jonnymcfly Saturn 4 July 7th 04 01:41 AM