Which jack is correct for 1967?

Old August 16th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
griff

Default Which jack is correct for 1967?

For a 1967 Beetle which jack is correct?

-the Bilstein which needs a breaker bar to jack it up and down?
or
-the kind with the built-in crank?

The Bentley manual shows the one with the breaker bar, but that manual
also deals with models for 1966. A lot of the info I've seen says
this type of jack is correct for pre-1967, so I'm not quite sure.

cheers,

--griff

Old August 16th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

AFAIK the Bilstein which needs a breaker bar to jack it up and down

ups.com...

Old August 16th 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Howard Rose[_1_]

The Bilstein one with the breaker bar! My '66 has that.

Old August 17th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
griff

Thanks guys, I'll start looking around for the one with the breaker
bar.
--griff

On Aug 16, 6:03 am, Howard Rose > wrote:
> The Bilstein one with the breaker bar! My '66 has that.
>
> On 16 Aug, 04:03, griff > wrote:
>
> > For a 1967 Beetle which jack is correct?

> > -the Bilstein which needs a breaker bar to jack it up and down?
> > or
> > -the kind with the built-in crank?

> > The Bentley manual shows the one with the breaker bar, but that manual
> > also deals with models for 1966. A lot of the info I've seen says
> > this type of jack is correct for pre-1967, so I'm not quite sure.

> > cheers,

> > --griff

What automobile jack in lieu of the supplied scissor jack? Howard Lester[_1_] Honda 8 June 6th 07 06:48 PM
TDC not correct 2000 bug VW water cooled 1 June 3rd 06 08:11 PM
I was correct Bryon Lape Simulators 2 May 6th 05 08:33 AM
Which is correct??? Spider Ford Mustang 14 December 7th 04 06:53 AM