when did it change?

Old March 5th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
George[_5_]

Default when did it change?

when did VW first put the seal on the front hood, rather than on the body?
Thanks.
George
Old March 6th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bug '59

AFAIK Never. At least in EU
The seal is suposed to sit in on the body, however it is a collector of dirt
and moist so it will rust easily.
If the seal is placed on the hood (or engine lid) the surface is smooth, ie;
no rust.

hth
Roger

"George" > schreef in bericht
. ..

Old March 6th 07, 07:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Harry Smith

On Mar 5, 2:39 pm, George > wrote:
> when did VW first put the seal on the front hood, rather than on the body?
> Thanks.

According to Aircooled.Net, it's a Mexi-beetle thing.

http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/vie...yword2=EXT0028

Peace,
Harry

Old March 6th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Howard Rose[_1_]

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 19:59:51 +0100, "bug '59"
> wrote:

>AFAIK Never. At least in EU
>The seal is suposed to sit in on the body, however it is a collector of dirt
>and moist so it will rust easily.
>If the seal is placed on the hood (or engine lid) the surface is smooth, ie;
>no rust.

In the '90s I believe.
--
Howard Rose
www.howard81.co.uk
Old March 6th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bug '59

".

> In the '90s I believe.
> --
> Howard Rose

For real?
I always thought it was aftermarked..
Sorry for the mis info.

Roger

Old March 7th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Ben Boyle

Later Mexican production has it on the lid, but I don't know dates
. ..

Old March 7th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Howard Rose[_1_]

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 20:59:53 +0100, "bug '59"
> wrote:

>For real?
>I always thought it was aftermarked..
>Sorry for the mis info.

No problem!

A friend's 1994 Mexican car had the original type of seal, whereas
later ones I have seen have the one on the bonnet.
Old March 7th 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
George[_5_]

> A friend's 1994 Mexican car had the original type of seal, whereas
> later ones I have seen have the one on the bonnet.
> --
> Howard Rose
> www.howard81.co.uk
> 1966 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
> 1975 Volkswagen 1303S
> 1962 Austin Mini Seven

Thanks for the info.

Transmission fluid: To Change or Not to Change Yank_fan_2965 Technology 10 April 16th 06 07:17 AM
Change of car. JB BMW 8 February 26th 06 08:44 PM
How to change cds [email protected] VW water cooled 1 September 22nd 05 05:51 PM
.sig change Catman Alfa Romeo 0 May 9th 05 10:56 PM
Oil change John Sloan Saturn 11 June 22nd 04 01:51 PM