Appalling Police Action in Palo Alto

Old May 31st 05, 12:23 AM
The Real Bev

Anthony Giorgianni wrote:

> > Yes. All you have to do is look at the speeds that people drive. The 85%
> > speeds are all above the limits, in virtually the entire US.
> >
> > Floyd

> Well Floyd you have just taken me back to my original question. How can you
> assume people support raising the limits simply because they exceed the
> limits. I mean it would seem to make sense, but I think you can make the
> opposite assumption, that people like driving fast themselves don't support
> allowing others to do so. That's why I would think a poll would be
> interesting.
>
> On the other hand, I would think that if people read the 85th percentile
> stuff in some of the reports people point to on these groups, then many
> might support 85th percentile limits. But I also suspect many people in some
> parts of the country like speed limits as they are. I think there is little
> support for no limits.

I'd vote for that, and let's get rid of the smog laws pertaining to anyone
except manufacturers while we're at it.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old January 14th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Appalling Police Action in Palo Alto

Dimwit George wrote:

> If you don't like the terms and conditions of road use (including the
> posted speed limit) then feel free to not use the road.

If you use the roads at the terms and conditions they post, you'd be
rear-ended by someone (probably a cop on his way to the donut shop) in
two minutes.

John